Webby Awards Account Manager
About Recognition Media
We are a creative and Internet industry recognition company. Our organization owns and operates the industry’s leading awards, including The Webby Awards – the Internet industry’s most coveted prize – and The Telly Awards – the largest global award honoring video and TV across all screens. Our award brands play a critical role in the creative and digital marketplace – signaling which companies and professionals are the best and which projects are setting standards of excellence. While creativity and technology are at the core of what we do, a passion for the industry and people using it to drive change is what drives us.
Recognition Media embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Have your skills rewarded at Recognition Media
The Webby Awards is the leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet. Established in 1996, our mission is to identify and curate the best of the Internet and honor those who create it.
Webby Media Group seeks an Account Manager to help build our industry relationships with top clients and key players across Media, Technology and Advertising. In this role, you will oversee strategic relationships and communication with our top Webby and Lovie Awards clients. The goal of this position is to work with key industry players to understand their business and what they are working on, and sharing how recognition media can be meaningful to their efforts. As our business grows, this is an exciting time to join as a pivotal player in a team focused on celebrating and helping to build a better Internet.
- Research and identify growing digital industries for the Webby and Lovie Awards to honor as part of our programs
- Work with key industry players to understand their business, what they are working on and how the industry is evolving year over year
- Develop prospecting program for the awards program to build leads database of the best Internet work around the globe.
- Engage and build strategic relationship with top Awards clients to ensure awareness of and an excellent experience engaging with all products
- Grow and oversee database of decision makers at key accounts
- Strengthen relationships at key accounts between C-Level Executives and the Webby Executive team
- Manage ongoing personalized communication to client base to inform them of critical entry dates and product releases
- 4-6 years experience relevant experience managing clients media, advertising or technology
- Organized, multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment with an acute attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and in-person
- Comfortable discovering revenue opportunities
- Forward thinking and engaged: You are someone who shares their ideas or think of ways to improve
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A deep passion for and knowledge of the Internet and Internet culture
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment
- Work based in NYC.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with SalesForce
- Knowledge of the media, technology and advertising landscape, including key players and their strengths
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation package with generous incentive-based bonus program
- Excellent health care plan (dental, vision, health) with 100% of employee premiums paid by company
- Annual enrollment options for FSA program, and TransitChek/Commuter program.
- Company-sponsored life insurance benefit
- Paid annual leave, paid time off and paid sick leave.
Working at Recognition Media is rewarding. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV/Resume along with a note about yourself and why you are interested in joining our team to ACCOUNTS @ Webbyawards.com