About Recognition Media
We are a creative and Internet industry recognition company. Our organization owns and operates the industry’s leading awards, including The Webby Awards – the Internet industry’s most coveted prize, in addition to The Anthem Awards, The Telly Awards and more. Our award brands play a critical role in the creative, social impact and digital marketplace – signaling which companies and professionals are the best and which projects are setting standards of excellence. While creativity and technology are at the core of what we do, a passion for the industry and people using it to drive change is what drives us.
Recognition Media embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Recognition Media is looking for an Accounting Assistant to join our Finance team. If you’re an analytical accounting professional who loves to solve fun problems, has strong communication skills, and wants to make a real impact on business growth, we want to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented and have accounting experience. This is a full-time, hybrid role in our Ashland, KY office, reporting to our Controller.
– Performing basic administrative tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing mail and more
– Handling communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in-person
– Processing transactions, issuing checks, and updating ledgers, budgets, etc.
– Preparing financial reports
– Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies
– Supporting duties related to accounts payable
– Maintain strict confidentiality of all financial data
– 2 year degree or equivalent experience working in accounting in a fast-paced environment
– Familiarity with basic accounting principles and bookkeeping procedures
– Solid understanding of Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
– Experience working with Bill.com a plus
Compensation and Benefits
– Competitive compensation package with generous incentive-based bonus program
– Comprehensive health care plan (health, dental, vision) with 100% of employee premiums (and 70% for dependents) paid by company
– Annual enrollment options for FSA program, Dependent Care program, and TransitChek/Commuter program
– Company-sponsored life insurance benefit
– Paid annual leave, paid time off and paid sick leave
Working at Recognition Media is a truly rewarding career opportunity. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your résumé along with a note about yourself and why you are interested in joining our team to J O B S at recogmedia.net with the subject line Accounting Assistant.