Awards Director, Purpose Awards
About Recognition Media
We are a creative and Internet industry recognition company. Our organization owns and operates the industry’s leading awards, including The Webby Awards – the Internet industry’s most coveted prize – and The Telly Awards – the largest global award honoring video and TV across all screens. Our award brands play a critical role in the creative and digital marketplace – signaling which companies and professionals are the best and which projects are setting standards of excellence. While creativity and technology are at the core of what we do, a passion for the industry and people using it to make change is what drives us.
About The Purpose Awards
In 2021, The Webby Awards will launch a new award to honor initiatives that are designed to make the world better. As purpose becomes more important to people all over the globe, brands, organizations and non-profits have a renewed focus in using their platforms to positively impact the communities and audiences they serve. From Greta Thunberg’s School Strike for Climate and Patagonia’s quest to preserve the planet to the UN’s mission for gender equality and community-led, free-food friendly refrigerators – our program will be the gold standard award to recognize the most impactful mission and purpose driven work from around the world.
Recognition Media embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Have your skills rewarded at Recognition Media
Our Awards Director will lead the business efforts for the new purpose award program with a goal to quickly establish it as the preeminent global award for purpose driven work and initiatives. The ideal candidate will own the creative and strategic vision for the program, working with staff, partners and stakeholders to execute the opportunity and evangelize the program to the industry.
The Awards Director will also be passionate about the impact that purpose driven work can have on all industries, and demonstrable experience working on purpose driven initiatives in prior roles. They will be a firm believer that recognizing the world’s leading purpose initiatives can inspire and raise the bar for further purpose driven missions and activities throughout the world.
- Establish our purpose award as an industry leading program, and engage leading companies, individuals and foundations to engage as entrants, judges and supporters.
- Develop categories and initiatives to align the award with the industries it will honor.
- Lead marketing and awareness efforts. Grow participation year-round in the awards programs through all forms of marketing including direct marketing, audience development, advertising, event marketing and strategic partnerships..
- Engage the organizations focused on purpose work in all activities surrounding our award, with a special focus on its call for entries, community programs and events.
- Identify and create strategic partnerships with industry leading relevant media properties and outlets
- 7-10+ years relevant experience in marketing, communications, or media preferred with demonstrable focus on purpose driven initiatives.
- Experience with data-driven and digital marketing.
- Very strong communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to think creatively and strategically about how to build industry and audience support around the program.
- Proven ability as a self-starter and creative thinker.
- Strong existing relationships with purpose-driven professionals also a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
- Generous compensation package with generous incentive-based bonus program
- Excellent health care plan (dental, vision, health) with 100% of employee premiums paid by company
- Annual enrollment options for FSA program, and TransitChek/Commuter program.
- Company-sponsored life insurance benefit
- Paid annual leave, paid time off and paid sick leave.
Working at Recognition Media is rewarding. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV/Resume along with a note about yourself and why you are interested in joining our team to P U R P O S E @ Webbyawards.com