Webby Awards General Manager
About Recognition Media & The Webby Awards
We are a creative and Internet industry recognition company. Our organization owns and operates the industry’s leading awards, including The Webby Awards – the Internet industry’s most coveted prize, in addition to The Anthem Awards and The Lovie Awards. Our award brands play a critical role in the creative, social impact and digital marketplace – signaling which companies and professionals are the best and which projects are setting standards of excellence. While creativity and technology are at the core of what we do, a passion for the industry and people using it to drive change is what drives us.
Recognition Media embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
This is a full-time, hybrid role, in our NYC Flatiron office reporting to the President of the Webby Awards Group.
Have your skills rewarded at Recognition Media
The Webby Awards is the leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet. Established in 1996, our mission is to identify and curate the best of the Internet and honor those who create it. The Webby Awards seeks a General Manager with a deep passion for and understanding of the Internet and digital media.
– Represent the Webby Awards brand to entrants and customers
– Speak publicly and lead community events on behalf of the Webby Awards
– Develop trends and thought leadership related to the Internet and digital media
– Research and recruit industry partners
– Research and recruit Webby Awards judges
– Work in close collaboration with Webby Group President to develop product strategy for the annual awards program and confirm Webby Special Achievement organizations and winners
– Annual awards event leadership
– 5-10 years of experience in digital media sector
– Passion for the Internet and the mission of The Webby Awards
– Proven ability to communicate well in a variety of settings and media
Nice to Haves
– Public speaking and event experience
– Experience with Salesforce, CRM and email marketing
Compensation & Benefits
– $100-125k annual salary
– Competitive compensation package with generous incentive-based bonus program
– Comprehensive health care plan (health, dental, vision) with 100% of employee premiums (and 70% for dependents) paid by company
– Annual enrollment options for FSA program, Dependent Care program, and TransitChek/Commuter program
– Company-sponsored life insurance benefit
– Paid annual leave, paid time off and paid sick leave
Working at Recognition Media is rewarding. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your résumé along with a note about yourself and why you are interested in joining our team to J O B S at recogmedia.net with the subject line Webbys General Manager.