Head of Digital Products
About Recognition Media
Recognition Media is the industry leader in recognizing the trends, information, and talent creative and Internet professionals need to succeed. We do so through premiere industry awards, including The Webby Awards (the most coveted prize for the internet) and The Telly Awards (the largest global award honoring video and TV across all screens).
Our award brands play a critical role in the creative and digital marketplace — signaling which companies and professionals are the best and which projects are setting standards of excellence. While creativity and technology are at the core of what we do, a passion for the industry and its innovators is what drives us.
Recognition Media embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Digital Products will be responsible for creating the vision and driving the implementation of a new digital product initiative — who is it for, what problems does it solve, what is our go-to-market commercial strategy around sales and price — aimed at extending the Recognition platform and helping the world’s leading creative and Internet professionals discover the information, talent and trends they need to succeed. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, data-driven, highly organized and have revenue-generating product management experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research market trends and interview & survey potential customers to define a product vision for our core community of creative and Internet professionals.
- Develop insights from data and collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to further inform and test that vision.
- Work with stakeholders and partners to create brand positioning and strategy for digital product initiatives
- Create and prioritize product road maps informed by a customer- and data-informed product vision
- Work with an internal team and creative and development partners to execute and launch new and paid digital product features.
- Devise and roll-out market driven pricing and sales plans around premium feature sets.
- Oversee digital product SEO to optimize discovery and search relevance of our digital products.
- Cultivate a culture of innovation supported by customer and data-driven decision making within Recognition Media.
- 7-10 years of experience in revenue generating digital product management
- Demonstrated achievements and progressive responsibilities in product strategy or management
- History of work in creative and technology industries preferred
- Highly organized, excellent project management skills and comfortable using workflow software
- Curious data-driven decision maker who excels at collaboration
- Experience managing creative and technical partners
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively present key findings to senior management and board
- Broad ability across critical thinking, problem solving, business planning, forecasting and analysis
Compensation and Benefits
- Generous compensation package with substantive incentive-based bonus program
- Excellent health care plan (dental, vision, health) with 100% of employee premiums paid by company
- Annual enrollment options for FSA program, TransitChek/Commuter program
- Company-sponsored life insurance benefit
- Paid annual leave, paid time off and paid sick leave.
Working at Recognition Media is a truly rewarding career opportunity. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV/Resume along with a note about yourself and why you are interested in joining our team to J O B S At Webbyawards.com