Junior Copywriter for Webby Group
About Recognition Media
We are a creative and Internet industry recognition company. Our organization owns and operates the industry’s leading awards, including The Webby Awards – the Internet industry’s most coveted prize, The Lovie Awards – honoring the European Internet, and The Anthem Awards – celebrating purpose and mission-driven work. Our award brands play a critical role in the creative and digital marketplace – signaling which companies and professionals are the best and which projects are setting standards of excellence. While creativity and technology are at the core of what we do, a passion for the industry and its innovators is what drives us.
Recognition Media embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are looking for a junior copywriter to join our team working on The Webby Awards, Lovie Awards and Anthem Awards. This role will be responsible for researching and pitching ideas for editorial assignments (e.g. editorial features, The Webby Podcast, content series), writing and copy editing editorial features, marketing emails, and other copy deliverables for a B2B audience. This would include providing grammar, spelling feedback and input on voice, tone, content. Opportunities to participate in brainstorms and support content development and planning. Having a love for all things internet from meme culture to innovation, design and tech trends is a plus.
This is a full-time, hybrid role, in our NYC Flatiron office.
- 1+ year(s) experience in editorial, content creation, copywriting, writing or similar
- Experience writing short form and long-form content
- Strong writing skills, as well as interpersonal and communication skills
- Working well under tight deadlines in a collaborative team environment
- Taking projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
Compensation and Benefits
- Generous compensation package with substantive incentive-based bonus program
- Excellent health care plan (dental, vision, health) with 100% of employee premiums paid by company
- Annual enrollment options for FSA program, TransitChek/Commuter program
- Company-sponsored life insurance benefit
- Paid annual leave, paid time off and paid sick leave
Working at Recognition Media is a truly rewarding career opportunity. If you are interested in this opportunity, reach out to us at J O B S at recogmedia.net with a note about yourself and why you are interested in joining our team. Include a link or PDF of your portfolio of recent work, highlighting your abilities and experience relevant to the role.