Managing Director, The Lovie Awards
About The Lovie Awards
Founded in 2009 by the team behind The Webby Awards, The Lovie Awards is the most prestigious, and the only truly pan-European awards honouring online excellence.
Recognising the unique and resonant nature of the European Internet – from Europe’s top Internet and creative networks and content publishers, to cultural and political organisations and individual creators, the Lovies honors work across Websites, Advertising, Video, Apps, Mobile & Voice, Podcasts, and Social. 2021 Lovie Awards Winners include; Stormzy, Global Citizen, dodie, Lewis Hamilton, Luminary, BBC Earth, WeTransfer, Leo Messi x adidas, Channel4 alongside ABBA, Adwoa Aboah, Mawaan Rizwan and Eliot Higgins of Bellingcat.
The Lovie Awards embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Have your skills rewarded at Recognition Media
As Managing Director of The Lovie Awards you will take our brand and business to the next level: growing our influence in Europe by staying ahead of industry changes and driving our continued cultural relevance through our market proposition, the categories we honor, and how and where we show up through marketing, shoulder events, digital channels, press, speaking engagements, publisher partnerships, and many more touch-points.
The ideal candidate will be a top-notch producer, passionate about the intersection of digital communications, creativity, technology and media, they will have insight into the advertising and media industry in Europe and will have specific expertise in marketing. They will be a firm believer that honouring great digital work plays an important role in the ever-changing creative and media landscape.
A unique responsibility of the role is leading the strategic direction of our annual awards show — the European Internet’s biggest night. The Lovie Awards show brings together the biggest power players, the most creative creators and talented celebrities in November, for one of the best award shows in the business. The Managing Director will work with our creative, events and press team to insure its strategic success.
- Oversee all facets of The Lovie Awards including creating the strategic direction of the brand and leading a team of smart, dedicated marketing and production leads to execute.
- Develop The Lovie Awards offering and initiatives to align awards with the industries it honors.
- Drive marketing and awareness efforts to grow participation year-round in the awards programs through all forms of marketing including direct marketing, audience. development, advertising, event marketing, strategic partnerships and budget management.
- Oversee marketing plans (earned, owned, paid) for The Lovie Awards with a special emphasis on digital and CRM marketing campaigns.
- Identify and oversee strategic partnerships with relevant media properties and outlets.
- Oversee successful brand partnership programs for The Lovie Awards.
- Oversee the creative and strategic development of the annual Lovie Awards. ceremony ensuring cultural relevance and best in class experience for all attendees
- Manage brand P&L including revenue from entries, merchandise and sponsorship and costs for marketing, production and events.
- 10-15+ years relevant experience in leading teams within the media technology, marketing or communications industry.
- Experience with data-driven marketing and decision making; digital marketing experience a must.
- In-depth knowledge of, and passion for the digital and creative industries.
- Very strong communication skills.
- The ability to think creatively about the awards to build more industry support around them.
- Proven ability as a self-starter and creative thinker.
- Having strong existing relationships with European digital professionals is also a plus.
- Remote work based in either London or alt. European city.
Compensation and Benefits
- Generous compensation package with generous incentive-based bonus program
- Company-sponsored pension scheme
- Opportunity for hybrid work
- Paid annual leave, paid time off and paid sick leave
Working at Recognition Media is rewarding. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV/résumé along with a note about yourself and why you are interested in joining our team to email@example.com.