Managing Director, The Webby Awards
About The Webby Awards
Hailed as “The Internet’s Highest Honor” by The New York Times, The Webby Awards is the biggest and most prestigious awards organization honoring the best of the Internet including Websites, Advertising, Video, Social, Mobile, Podcasts and Games. With over 13,000 entries from 70 countries around the world, The Webby Awards is a truly international celebration growing each year in cultural relevance, reach and importance.
The Webby Awards embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Have your skills rewarded at Recognition Media
As Managing Director of The Webby Awards you will take our brand and business to the next level: growing our influence globally by staying ahead of industry changes and driving our continued cultural relevance through our market proposition, the categories we honor, and how and where we show up through marketing, shoulder events, digital channels, press and publisher partnerships, and many more touch-points.
Imagine and implement plans for strategic growth for the Webby Awards annually by evaluating product offerings and rolling out an execution plan to introduce the offering to the market build submissions through the call for entries and announcement period.
The Managing Director will also collaborate with the creative team to produce to the Internet’s biggest night: The annual Webby Award show that brings together the biggest power players, the most creative creators and talented celebrities each year in May for dinner and one of the best award shows in the business.
The ideal candidate will also be passionate about the intersection of digital communications, creativity, and media, have specific expertise in marketing, and be a firm believer that honoring great digital work plays an important role in the ever-changing creative and media landscape.
- Oversee all facets of The Webby Awards including creating the strategic direction of the brand and leading a team of smart, dedicated marketing and production leads in execution
- Own the strategic vision for the Webby Awards’ offering and initiatives to align our awards with the industries we honor, including how we organically enter new markets, ensuring growth and authenticity
- Drive awareness efforts to grow participation year-round in the awards programs through all forms of marketing including direct marketing, audience development, advertising, event marketing and strategic partnerships
- Oversee marketing plans (earned, owned, paid) with a special emphasis on digital and CRM marketing campaigns
- Identify and oversee strategic partnerships with relevant media properties and outlets
- Oversee successful brand partnership programs
- Oversee the strategic and creative development of the annual Webby Awards ceremony, ensuring cultural relevance and best-in-class experience for all attendees
- Manage brand P&L including revenue from entries, merchandise, sponsorship and costs for marketing, production and events
- 10-15+ years relevant experience in leading teams within the media, technology, marketing or communications industry
- Experience with data-driven marketing and decision making; digital marketing experience a must
- In-depth knowledge of, and passion for, digital and creative industry
- Very strong communication skills
- Proven ability as a self-starter, creative thinker and builder
- Strong existing relationships with other digital professionals is also a plus
- Work based in NYC
Compensation and Benefits
- Generous compensation package with generous incentive-based bonus program
- Excellent health care plan (dental, vision, health) with 100% of employee premiums paid by company
- Annual enrollment options for FSA program, and TransitChek/Commuter program
- Company-sponsored life insurance benefits
- Paid annual leave, paid time off and paid sick leave
Working at Recognition Media is rewarding. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV/Resume along with a note about yourself and why you are interested in joining our team to firstname.lastname@example.org