Reports to: Executive Director
About Recognition Media
We are a creative and Internet industry recognition company. Our organization owns and operates the industry’s leading awards, including The Webby Awards – the Internet industry’s most coveted prize – and The Telly Awards – the largest global award honoring video and TV across all screens. Our award brands play a critical role in the creative and digital marketplace – signaling which companies and professionals are the best and which projects are setting standards of excellence. While creativity and technology are at the core of what we do, a passion for the industry and people using it to drive change is what drives us.
Recognition Media embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Have your skills rewarded at Recognition Media
The Sales Director will lead responsibilities on growing revenue with existing and new sponsors for The Webby Awards and our European Internet award – The Lovies. This is a quota-driven position with tremendous potential for upside. The Director will also be responsible for working with all groups within the organization. In particular, the Sponsorship Development group works closely with the Sponsorship Creative and Production team which executes all branded partnerships.
Current and past sponsors include; Slack, WP Engine, YouGov, MediaMonks, Monday.com, Grey Goose, Johnny Walker, Vitamin T, Citi Bank, Google, YouTube.
- Identify and develop new sponsor relationships from assigned categories
- Evaluate sponsors’ marketing objectives and collaborate with internal teams to conceptualize
- Lead client meetings and oversee proposals to be delivered to clients
- Identify integrated marketing solutions by leveraging a range of company assets
- Manage contract negotiations with support from Executive Director
- Act as a liaison between sponsors and other parts of the organization ensuring the appropriate level of service is being provided to customers
- Manage a portfolio of existing sponsors
- Build relationship with existing sponsors with a heavy focus on renewing accounts early and securing multi-year agreements
- Develop upsell opportunities for existing sponsors
- Identify new business units within sponsors’ organizations for new sponsorship opportunities.
- 7-10+ years relevant sales experience
- Experience selling on behalf of a media property, for a B2B sponsor-driven property. Experience selling on behalf of creative and digital industry property is a nice to have
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed quota targets
- Experience with the sale of digital, original content and events preferred
- Technologically savvy, able to work with all office products and quick to familiarize oneself with web based applications
- A passion for selling
- Demonstrated ability to identify, build & maintain revenue producing relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid creative thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment
- Work based in NYC.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation package with generous incentive-based bonus program
- Excellent health care plan (dental, vision, health) with 100% of employee premiums paid by company
- Annual enrollment options for FSA program, and TransitChek/Commuter program.
- Company-sponsored life insurance benefit
Working at Recognition Media is rewarding. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV/Resume along with a note about yourself and why you are interested in joining our team to B U S I N E S S @ Webbyawards.com