Managing Director, The Telly Awards
About Recognition Media
We are a creative and Internet industry recognition company. Our organization owns and operates the industry’s leading awards, including The Webby Awards – the Internet industry’s most coveted prize, and the Telly Awards for television and video across all screens. Our award brands play a critical role in the creative and digital marketplace – signaling which companies and professionals are the best and which projects are setting standards of excellence. While creativity and technology are at the core of what we do, a passion for the industry and its innovators is what drives us. Recognition Media embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
The Telly Awards, now in its 44th season, is the premier award honoring the best video and television across all screens – from branded content to documentaries, immersive & interactive work to social video and counts major networks and production companies among its winners. We are looking for an experienced leader to join our team and drive growth and brand awareness efforts for the Telly Awards. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about the intersection of video, business, and media and be deeply committed to these industries and communities. This is a full-time, hybrid role, in our NYC Flatiron office.
- Drive marketing and awareness efforts for the Telly Awards. Boost involvement year-round through all forms of marketing including direct marketing, email marketing, audience development, PR, advertising, event marketing, social media (paid and organic) and strategic partnerships.
- Oversee category and value development, working with the industry to identify and evolve the Telly with the rapidly evolving industries they seek to recognize.
- Cultivate relationships with reporters and influencers to drive awareness and engagement with key communities.
- Secure and manage strategic partnerships with relevant media properties.
- Drive the strategic development of content (editorial, social, events) that cements The Tellys as a leading voice in the industry.
Deliver thought leadership presentations to clients and agencies.
- 15+ years relevant experience in marketing, sales or media preferred.
- Experience with managing and leveraging relationships (new and old) to create brand awareness among influencers.
- Experience managing a strong and committed team.
- In–depth knowledge of, and a passion for the video, media and industries.
- The ability to think creatively about our brands and how to build more industry support around them.
- Confident presentation abilities, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working collaboratively across all levels—we value folks who will be strong leaders while fostering team camaraderie.
- Proven ability to work well on a small team, as well as being a self–starter, producer and creative thinker.
Compensation and Benefits
- Generous compensation package with substantive incentive–based bonus program
- Excellent health care plan (dental, vision, health) with 100% of employee premiums paid by compan
- Annual enrollment options for FSA program, TransitChek/Commuter program
- Company–sponsored life insurance benefit
- Paid annual leave, paid time off and paid sick leave
Working at Recognition Media is a truly rewarding career opportunity. If you are interested in this opportunity, reach out to us at J O B S at recogmedia.net with a note about yourself and why you are interested in joining our team along with your CV / résumé.