POSITION: WEBBY ACADEMY INTERNSHIP
Assist with the judging and administration of the awards.
About Webby Media Group
Webby Media Group is comprised of three properties, The Webby Awards, The Lovie Awards and our daily publication Netted by The Webbys. WMG’s mission is to identify and curate the best of the Internet and honor those who create it.
The Webby Awards is looking for a talented individual for our Internship program to assist with the judging and administration of the awards. The role will include auditing Webby entries, across Websites, Film & Video Advertising, Mobile Social and Podcasts, ensuring that they adhere to eligibility and category guidelines. You will also be assisting with providing email support for the esteemed Academy Members involving in judging.
This is a great opportunity for students looking to get into the digital industry to gain a deep understanding of work being produced by top Internet companies around the world. Also, looking at the Internet all day – and getting paid – working at The Webby Awards is just like heaven!
- Checking functionality and compatibility of websites
- Flag problem entries
- Ensuring that entries adhere to submission and eligibility standards
- Make sure entries are ready for judging
- Responding to inquiries from jury members
- Updating the content management system (CMS) when needed
- A passion for the Internet (just like us!)
- High proficiency with Mac operating systems, Google Drive, MS Office, etc.
- Great written and verbal communication skill
- Masterful ability to locate information on the Web
- Never being afraid to ask questions
- Great attention to detail
- Current student in Design, Media, Communications, Information Technologies, or related-field
- Experience or familiarity with Slack
- Experience with WordPress
- Previous experience in customer service
- Familiarity with The Webby Awards
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to Michelle Pathe at firstname.lastname@example.org