Webby for Good is a collaborative program formed by The Webby Awards and WP Engine to showcase Webby-recognized projects built to change the world.
There have been over 240 school shootings since Sandy Hook. 440 people shot. 138 people killed. And yet, lawmakers continue to do nothing.- Doner Team
How do we spark progress on gun control? By turning an everyday trip to the grocery store into a drive for change with kids selling candy. But instead of raising money for normal wholesome activities, these kids were buying bullet proof vests for class. A video was shared on social media and drove to a petition to keep guns out of schools, sparking a national conversation in support of stricter gun laws.
Was there a moment during the project where you ran into a hurdle; or faced a problem you didn’t know how to solve? Take us to this moment, what happened and what did you do next?
While filming our stunt, we were confronted by pro-gun advocates that didn’t agree with our message for stricter gun laws. They threatened to call the police causing the grocery store owner that we partnered to momentarily shut down the entire shoot and activation. Fortunately, we were able to convince the store owner that our message was important and that we shouldn’t be bullied by the opposing side. The store owner agreed and allowed us to continue.
There have been over 240 school shootings since Sandy Hook. 440 people shot. 138 people killed. And yet, lawmakers continue to do nothing, leaving kids to fend for themselves. We wanted to show the absurdity of this thought in the most provocative way possible.
We took this idea to our CCO who instantly fell in love with it and then pitched it to the CEO who was equally as supportive. The agency fully believed in the message and even helped fund the idea to bring it to life.
- President & CEO David DeMuth Doner
- EVP, Global Chief Creative Officer Eric Weisberg Doner
- EVP, Executive Creative Director/Co-Director Jon Krevolin Doner
- SVP, Group Creative Director Stephen Osterman Doner
- Associate Creative Director Anthony Moceri Doner
- Associate Creative Director Alexander Drukas Doner
- Senior Concept Designer Mark Moreno Doner
- EVP, Chief Integration Officer Monica Tysell Doner
- VP, Brand Leader Christie Fromm Doner
- Brand Leader Kelsey Ransdell Doner
- EVP, Director of Content Production Laurie Irwin Doner
- SVP, Director of Broadcast Business Affairs Sheryll Kollin Doner
- Senior Producer/Co-Director/Camera Operator Greg Kort Doner
- Producer Alexander Holmes Doner
- DP/Camera Operator Todd Darling The Underground
- Camera Operator Joshua Samson The Underground
- Camera Operator/Prop Master Ryan Kearney The Underground
- DIT Nicholas Barone The Underground
- Production Assistant Nathaniel Mooty The Underground
- Production Assistant/Assistant Editor Evan Kresta The Underground
- Offline Editor Dennis Przywara The Underground
- Audio Engineer Tony Del Bel The Underground
- Assistant Audio Engineer Michael Latulippe The Underground
- Finish Editor Michael McClelland The Underground
- Director of Digital Media Sean Johnston Doner
- VP, Director of Digital Operations Jennifer Rhodes Doner
- VP, Development Lead Adina Lipsitz Doner
- Internal Communications Writer Mandy Fishburn Doner
- Internal Communications Writer Steve Carr Doner
About the Public Service & Activism category
Video content created on behalf of a group or organization to support or promote a particular societal cause or issue.