The Webby Awards is the leading international awards organization honoring excellence on the Internet. Established in 1996, The Webby’s mission is to identify, curate and help people make the best of the Internet and honor those who create it.
The Webbys seeks a Business Development Associate to join our team. In this role, you will get hands-on experience dealing with some of the most influential brands in the world. We develop and coördinate sponsorships and integrated marketing campaigns for brands like Google, YouTube, Verizon and many more. As our Business Development Associate, you will help us bring in new business, maintain current sponsors and help develop marketing and advertising strategies.
Business Development Associate
As a Business Development Associate, you’ll get hands-on experience dealing with some of the most influential brands in the world. We develop and coordinate sponsorships and integrated marketing campaigns for brands like Google, YouTube, Verizon, and many more. As a Business Development Associate, you will help us bring in new business, maintain current sponsors, and help develop marketing and advertising strategies.
- Prospect new leads through LinkedIn, email, and cold calling.
- Manage the entire sales process for prospective sponsors/advertisers. This includes following up regularly and scheduling sales calls/meetings across the US and Europe
- Contribute to the ideation process for new campaigns and sponsorships
- Create sales materials (decks, proposals, etc.) for prospective sponsors using Keynote, Google Docs, and Adobe Acrobat
- Maintain relationships with current and past clients ensuring their satisfaction and continued partnership
- You’re extremely ambitious and approach new business opportunities with an unparalleled sense of tenacity
- You are a born extrovert and you love engaging with new people
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and in-person
- An acute attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Forward thinking and engaged: You are someone who doesn’t wait to be told to share ideas or think of ways to improve
- Positive attitude and team players only, please
- 1-3 years’ Sales or Business Development experience
- Experience with Keynote, Adobe Acrobat, and Photoshop
- A deep passion for, and knowledge of, the Internet and Internet culture
- Exceptional ping pong skills
- Fun people
- Facetime with major industry leaders
To apply, please email your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.