Webby for Good is a collaborative program formed by The Webby Awards and WP Engine to showcase Webby-recognized projects built to change the world.
On the eve of International Women’s Day, we challenged the symbol of corporate America— Wall Street's Charging Bull— with a bronze statue of a defiant girl, appropriately named “Fearless Girl.”
Originally commissioned to promote State Street Global Advisors “SHE” ETF, Fearless Girl’s stance, hands on hips, chin held high, reflected the fearlessness of women today and tomorrow.
We had an incredible brief, but Fearless Girl was a purposeful reaction to a cultural movement. Her arrival on the day before International Women’s day was integral to the idea.
We wanted the girl to be made of the same material as her bronze counterpart, the bull. Bronze sculptures usually take a year, and we had three months. The artists, and the foundry worked day and night to complete her.
The best part of Fearless Girl has been making something that the world embraced enough to make permanent. Advertising by nature is ephemeral, and to execute something that surpassed that has been deeply rewarding.
- Global Creative Chairman Rob Reilly McCann WorldGroup
- North American Chief Creative Officer Eric Silver McCann WorldGroup
- Chief Creative Officer Joyce King Thomas McCann New York
- Managing Director Devika Bulchandani McCann New York
- Co-Chief Creative Officer Tom Murphy McCann New York
- Co-Chief Creative Officer Sean Bryan McCann New York
- Sr. Art Director Lizzie Wilson McCann New York
- Sr. Copywriter Tali Gumbiner McCann New York
- Creative Director Dov Zmood McCann New York
- Creative Director Vince Lim McCann New York
- Chief Production Officer Nathy Aviram McCann New York
- SVP Executive Integrated Producer Christine Lane McCann New York
- Senior Integrated Producer Deb Archambault McCann New York
- Chief Communications Officer Jeremy Miller McCann New York
- Design Director George Katz McCann New York
- Design Director David Mashburn McCann New York
- Senior Editor Nathan Troester McCann New York
- Junior Producer Doug Harrison McCann New York
- SVP Director of Social and Mobile Gemma Craven McCann New York
- Head of Communications Strategy David Broad McCann New York
- Executive Account Director Peter Bracegirdle McCann New York
- Regional Director Rich O’Leary McCann New York
- Account Supervisor Molly Vossler McCann New York
- Senior Project Manager Steve Marchione McCann New York
- Maker Brett Berman McCann New York
- Maker Eric Perini McCann New York
- Executive Music Producer Eric Johnson McCann New York
- Music Producer Dan Gross McCann New York
- Artist Kristen Visbal
- Production Company Traction Creative
- Owner Bryan Roberts Traction Creative
About the Real-Time Response (PR) category
Best, most innovative, effective PR led campaign that makes use of real-time information to create relevant messaging or react to current events.