The Webby Awards was thrilled to introduce an inaugural suite of dedicated Voice categories this year to reflect the explosion of work made for smart speakers and voice-enabled devices. And the work that came in did not disappoint.
From amazing experiences in Technical Achievement to life-changing hacks in Productivity, check out a few Nominees in our new suite of Voice categories below. Then go see all the Nominees and vote for your favorites in Webby People’s Voice until Thursday, April 18th.
Every day voice tech is pushing the boundaries of what we thought was possible. These Nominees in Technical Achievement use new, cutting-edge technology to help foster a love of reading in children, give hospital patients a 24/7 bedside nurse, interpret language in real-time, create your own animal species, or give Alien fans a unique experience.
- Novel Effect by Novel Effect
- ALIEN: OFFWORLD COLONY SIMULATOR by Virtue
- Lucy by Deloitte Digital
- Interpreter Mode for the Google Assistant by Google
- Safari Mixer by rehab
"Give Me, Technical"
Voice technology gives gamers an entirely different platform to engage with. These Games & Entertainment Nominees, featuring work from Gorillaz, Warner Bro Records, Sony Pictures, and more, bring exciting voice experiences to a new level.
- Gorillaz – #FreeMurdoc chatbot by Warner Bros Records
- Mr. Robot: The Daily Five/Nine by USA Network
- Jeopardy! Alexa Skill by Sony Pictures
- Song Quiz by Volley
- Ubisoft – Alexios, The Spartan Assistant by R/GA
"Give Me, Games"
Making pancakes with Alexa, navigating Westworld’s intricaries, or sending for help in a moment of crisis… the possibilities for voice technology to provide quality (and often necessary) experiences is endless with these Nominees:
- Westworld: The Maze by 360i
- BBC Good Food Alexa Skill by Hi Mum! Said Dad
- BBC Kids Skill by BBC
- Alexa Lifeline by VML
- Are You Feeling Lucky? by Google
"Give Me, Best UX"
Voice tech can also help you live a more seamless life. These Nominees for Productivity are using awesome features to help users access their flight info hands-free, cut their cable cord, have smarter meetings, and more.
- AT&T – Cable Cutter by BBDO New York
- Alexa Lifeline by VML
- TripIt: Hands-Free Access to your Travel Plans with Siri by TripIt from Concur
- Google Assistant Shopping by Google
- Voicea by Voicea
"Give Me, Productivity"
We couldn’t be more proud to honor this inaugural class of Voice Nominees. From the biggest games on smart speakers to healthy-living apps, these Webby Nominees are using voice for social good—and for a good time.
Help the best win a Webby People’s Voice Award. Head to the voting site between now and next Thursday, April 18, to support your favorite projects: vote.webbyawards.com