If you didn’t know that social media is redefining the possibilities of vertical storytelling, just take a look at this year’s Webby Nominees. From Stories and long-form video, to interactive posts—media companies, brands, and creative shops across the Internet are making incredible franchise content plays.
Check out some of this year’s Webby-nominated work made for social media below, and go vote for your favorites in the Webby People’s Voice Awards through Thursday, April 18th!
This was a brand new category this year, and the work did not disappoint. Whether you’re after dancing twins, “insta novels,” or animals in the wild, this year’s Webby Nominees are doing must-see work using Stories. Check them out and vote for the best.
- Bacardi – Live Moves by BBDO New York
- Toy Story Land #FollowtheBall by mcgarrybowen
- Macy’s – Remarkable Shot by BBDO New York
- New York Public Library Insta Novels by Mother New York
- National Geographic Instagram by National Geographic
Stories Get Social
Bacardi - Live Moves by BBDO New York
Toy Story Land #FollowtheBall by mcgarrybowen
Macy's - Remarkable Shot by BBDO New York
New York Public Library Insta Novels by Mother New York
National Geographic Instagram by National Geographic
The Webbys also introduced an inaugural suite of Social Content Series & Campaigns categories. One standout area was Culture & Lifestyle. What’s exciting in this category? A lot: Content that rejects social standards, a celebration of music and migration, a series dissecting the complexities of race, and more.
- National Geographic’s Race Issue and #IDefineMe Campaign by National Geographic
- Migrant Sound by Boiler Room
- “Pixel Perfect Day” by CNX
- #22 Victories by Ogilvy
- Unapologetic by OZY Media
Lifestyle Gets Social
National Geographic's Race Issue and #IDefineMe Campaign by National Geographic
Migrant Sound by Boiler Room
"Pixel Perfect Day" by CNX
#22 Victories by Ogilvy
Unapologetic by OZY Media
Food has never been one-dimensional—and neither have the Webby Nominees. From examinations of America’s food waste, to explorations of Chinese-Latino cuisine, this year’s Food & Drink Nominees in Social Video will have you saying “mmmm!”—and quite possibly “wowwww.” And only the best will get your vote.
- Dumpster Diving Reveals U.S. Food Waste Crisis by AJ+
- Twisted by Jungle Creations
- Nourish by Louisiana Public Broadcasting
- Chinese Latinos Explain Chino-Latino Food by REMEZCLA
- FOOD SHOCK by VICELAND
Food Gets Social
Chinese Latinos Explain Chino-Latino Food by REMEZCLA
Dumpster Diving Reveals U.S. Food Waste Crisis by AJ+
Twisted by Jungle Creations
Nourish by Louisiana Public Broadcasting
FOOD SHOCK by VICELAND
This year’s Social Nominees brighten up our timelines and feeds.
Brighten the days of your favorite Nominees by helping them win the Webby People’s Voice Award in their categories. Vote now through Thursday, April 18th.