Take a look at the companies featured in our 3rd Annual Webby Global Brands Index. Our index showcases the worldwide brands with the most Webby-recognized projects across all categories in the 25th Annual Webby Awards (2021). In addition, we’ve highlighted a few pieces of work by each of the featured companies.
HOW IT WORKS: To start, we analyzed which industries over indexed in the 25th Annual Webby Awards. We then ranked which companies produced the highest-performing projects. *Companies are listed with the highest-performing projects top to bottom. Webby Wins are weighed more heavily in calculations.*
The 2021 Global Brands Index
BY THE NUMBERS
- Ranking as number one on our Global Brands Index is MasterClass, with 3 wins and 1 honor for their namesake streaming platform.
- Beauty brands and service platforms represent the majority of brands honored during the 25th Annual Webby Awards, with MasterClass coming in first.
- Among the work, brands competed with their web and mobile apps, as well as advertising and social media campaigns.
BEHIND THE RANKS
Headquartered in San Francisco, MasterClass is an online learning platform that is on a mission to unlock human potential by inspiring a learning lifestyle in everyone. They were honored during the 25th Annual Webby Awards for their namesake platform, as well as specific content.
- MasterClass – 2021 Winner & People’s Voice Winner, Media Streaming, Winner, Best Streaming Service
- Ron Finley Teaches Gardening – 2021 Honoree, How-To & DIY Series & Channels
Launched by Rihanna, Fenty Beauty was created as a beauty and makeup line that creates products for all skin types and tones. Last year, they stood out for the launch of its skincare line, Fenty Skin, with a virtual launch party. Plus they received honors for their social media content. View the work below.
- Fenty Skin Virtual Launch Party – 2021 Winner, Fashion & Retail
- Shots & Swatches with Rihanna – 2021 People’s Voice Winner – Fashion & Lifestyle
A leader in prestige omni-retail, our mission at Sephora is to create a welcoming beauty shopping experience for all and inspire fearlessness in our community. During last year’s competition, Sephora was honored for its corporate social responsibility work, and the social series produced to accompany these efforts. See the work below.
- We Belong to Something Beautiful – 2021 Winner, Best Social Video Series, and Diversity & Inclusion Series & Campaigns
Founded in 2012, Lyft is an on-demand transportation company. During the 25th Annual Webby Awards, the tech company received recognition for its feel-good, branded campaigns and video content. View the work below.
- Undercover Lyft with Alicia Keys – 2021 Winner, Unscripted Video, Nominee, Short Form
- LeBron James and LyftUp – It All Started with a Bike – 2021 Nominee, Best Influencer Endorsements
DoorDash is a technology company that connects people with the best of their neighborhoods across the US, Canada, Australia, Japan, and Germany. Their team was honored at last year’s Webby Awards for its marketplace and driver app. View the work below.
- DoorDash Marketplace App – 2021 People’s Voice Winner, Food & Drink
- DoorDash Driver App – 2021 Nominee, Best User Experience
To join the world’s best brands, enter the 26th Annual Webby Awards. New categories for: Best Installation or Experience, Best Real Time Experience, Best Social Campaign, Creativity & Marketing in Podcasts, Email Newsletters, and more. The Final Entry Deadline is on Friday, December 17th!
The Webby Podcast Industry Index is part of our larger Webby Industry Index Series that showcases the companies who have made the highest caliber of work across their respective industries. Read the full series to see this year’s best Agencies, Games Companies, Media Companies, Podcast Companies, Production Companies and Tech Companies.