The Webby for Good, produced in partnership with WP Engine, is a showcase of Webby-honored projects and campaigns that are promoting social good in the world.
When musicians first start out, most of them have to work day jobs to get by. One of the biggest steps to living full time as a musician is finding followers online. We leveraged Converse’s millions of followers to launch the #LoQueSoy playlist on Spotify, featuring the platform’s first interactive music video, with which we asked real people to free a real band from their day job. The more followers we got, the more the band’s day job would fall away.
"Innovating an established platform like Spotify proved to be difficult, but our developing partners worked tirelessly to bring the creative vision to life.
Another challenging aspect of this project was finding talented bands and artists that were ‘unfollowed’ and unknown. With the help of local partners in Latin America and through extensive research, we were able to find hidden gems that blew us away."
We helped dozens of aspiring musicians get their music heard, and seeing the overwhelming support that our initiative got from the music community was inspiring. Many artists and musicians could relate to the story we were telling, and they were eager to share their own stories.
In Latin America, it is especially hard for musicians to break out because the industry is tiny. Converse is a brand that is defined by musicians, artists, and all the other creators of the world. They take every opportunity they can to give back to those who have given them so much and, in this case, it was aspiring musicians.
See More Webby for Good Projects
- Chief Creative Officer Jose Molla the community
- Chief Creative Officer Joaquin Molla the community
- VP Executive Creative Director Ricky Vior the community
- Associate Creative Director Marcelo Padoca the community
- Associate Creative Director Fernando Reis the community
- Associate Creative Director Juan Cruz Vasallo the community
- Sr. Art Director Guilherme Nobrega the community
- VP Production Laurie Malaga the community
- Senior Producer Andy Murillo the community
- Senior Director of Culture and Strategy Jeff Beck the community
- Director of Digital Strategy Andy Amendola the community
- Jr. Planner Bernie Guzman Lopez the community
- Senior Account Director Daniel Gergely the community
- Account Supervisor Jackie Rivas the community
- Sr. Digital and Social Media Strategist Veronica Lincoln the community
About the Video Ad Shortform category
Online video ads 1:00 min or less, for a brand.