The Webby for Good, produced in partnership with WP Engine, is a showcase of Webby-honored projects and campaigns that are promoting social good in the world.
I can speak for myselfFCB Toronto
Instead of leaving expectant parents with a Down syndrome diagnosis to WebMD and Dr. Google for answers, “Down Syndrome Answers” took their most-searched questions and had the true experts answer them—people with Down syndrome themselves.
When parents learn their unborn child has Down syndrome, they have about 10 days to decide whether to keep the baby or not—an agonizing decision. The Canadian Down Syndrome Society wanted to provide these parents with the human side of the story. With no way to target specific parents, we turned to the same place they were turning to for answers: Google. AdWords allows us to reach them in a way that other platforms can’t, so we can answer their questions in the moment they need us the most.
Down Syndrome Answers offers a simple, humanizing window into a population that's often misunderstood. The truth is no one had ever asked people with Down syndrome to answer these questions—to be seen as experts was an empowering experience for each of them, and watching them gain confidence as they spoke was the most rewarding part of this project.
When dealing with a Down syndrome pregnancy, doctors often give expectant parents only one recommendation—abortion. There was a need for a resource that offered a second opinion, because every diagnosis deserves one, even Down syndrome.
See More Webby for Good Projects
- Chief Creative Officer Nancy Crimi-Lamanna FCB Toronto
- Chief Creative Officer Jeff Hilts FCB Toronto
- Chief Creative Officer Jon Flannery FCB Toronto
- Art Director Simon Tuplin FCB Toronto
- Copywriter Peter Gardiner FCB Toronto
- Group Account Director Anabella Mandel FCB Toronto
- Account Executive Joline Christiani FCB Toronto
- Hamilton Producer Judy
- Chief Strategy Officer Shelley Brown FCB Toronto
- Senior Strategist Eryn LeMesurier FCB Toronto
- Digital Strategist Shelagh Hartford FCB Toronto
- Jigsaw Casting
- Director Elias Campbell
- DOP Stephen McLouglin
- Developer Dov Atlin FCB Toronto
- Editor David Rodriquez Radar/FCB Toronto
About the Best Use of Data Driven Media category
Best, most innovative, and effective or creative use of data-driven digital media that serves users with a personalized experience. This includes such efforts as targeted marketing messages, remarketing, etc.