Customer Experience Director, KY
About Recognition Media
We are a creative and Internet industry recognition company. Our organization owns and operates the industry’s leading awards programs including The Webby Awards – the Internet industry’s most coveted prize, in addition to The Anthem Awards, The Telly Awards and more. Our brands play a critical role in the creative and digital marketplace – signaling which companies and professionals are the best and which projects are setting standards of excellence. While creativity and technology are at the core of what we do, a passion for the Internet and creative industries and people using it to drive change is what drives us. We are searching for a Director of Customer Experience to join our growing marketing team.
Recognition Media embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
This is a full-time, hybrid role, based in our Ashland, KY office, reporting to our VP of Marketing. This role will require regular travel to our NYC office.
Have your skills rewarded at Recognition Media
The Director of Customer Experience will play a pivotal role in designing and implementing strategies to enhance the overall customer (Entrant) experience and fuel business growth. You will own two critical areas of that experience, including the Customer Support function and winner merchandise fulfillment. These areas are also important sources of customer insights, which you will eagerly mine, analyze and share with business leaders to drive continuous improvement across the broader customer experience.
– Lead a 5-person team of dedicated, empathetic Customer Support professionals, ensuring prompt and effective handling of customer inquiries, issues, and feedback
– Manage relationships with external merchandise fulfillment vendors to streamline inventory ordering, management, shipment, and tracking
– Use data from customer feedback, surveys, and other insights to coach, motivate and reward the team, identify/address experience gaps, and improve efficiency
– Evaluate and implement new technology solutions (e.g., case management, feedback tools, chat), processes, and/or workflows to achieve customer experience objectives
– Collaborate with Award managers, Technology, and Retention team to maintain a deep understanding of our award program detail and milestones, and to foster a culture of continuous improvement, where customer insights are communicated and actioned
– Develop reporting to routinely track progress against goal initiatives
– 7-10 years of relevant customer service operations and/or CX experience (startup experience a plus), with at least 2 years building and managing successful Customer Service teams
– Strong proficiency with a top Customer Service Software Platform (Salesforce Service Cloud a plus) and related analytics and customer survey tools
– Demonstrated change management experience – successfully leading the rollout of new customer service capabilities to enhance customer experience, improve efficiency, etc
– Exceptional communicator – able to interface and maintain effective relationships at all employee levels
– Analytical problem solver – thinks critically to translate data insights into actionable strategies and follows through to completion
– Entrepreneurial spirit – eagerness to both own strategy and execute, ability to find scrappy solutions to problems, and iterate quickly based on new insights
Compensation & Benefits
– Competitive compensation package with generous incentive-based bonus program
– Comprehensive health care plan (health, dental, vision) with 100% of employee premiums (and 70% for dependents) paid by company
– Annual enrollment options for FSA program, Dependent Care program, and TransitChek/Commuter program.
– Company-sponsored life insurance benefit
– Paid annual leave, paid time off and paid sick leave
Working at Recognition Media is rewarding. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your résumé along with a note about yourself and why you are interested in joining our team to J O B S at recogmedia.net with the subject line, “Director of Customer Experience.”