How To Enter The Webby Awards
The Webby Awards has been the international honor for Internet excellence for over two decades. Ready to join the best of the Internet in the 27th Annual Webby Awards? Here are our tips on entering.
From tech giants, to groundbreaking virtual reality experiences and upstart startups, the best digital work is represented among Webby Winners. But you can’t win if you don’t enter. Here are some pointers on how to enter the 27th Annual Webby Awards.
Make Sure Your Site’s On
The work is done. The campaigns have launched. Your great ideas have come to fruition. But, since all entries are submitted as URLs, make sure all the links are true and nothing’s broken.
Pick The Right Category
There’s only one way to enter, but eight media types to win in.
- Websites and Mobile Sites, honors to celebrate the best Websites designed for any screen including desktop and mobile. New this year, introducing categories recognizing excellence in Responsible Technology.
- Advertising, Media & PR, honors for the breadth of the digital advertising, including innovative PR, Branded Content, Media and Integrated work.
- Video that premiered Online, from Documentaries, Series & Channels, Performance and Craft, Branded Entertainment and more.
- Social, across all platforms, from the best Sports, Music and Experimental & Innovation to News & Information, The Webbys honors the scope of the social media including Overall Social Presence, Content Series, Social Campaigns, Video and more.
- Podcasts, recognizing outstanding work in podcast Individual Episodes, Series and Limited Series, across Business, Crime & Justice, Diversity & Inclusion, Best Host, and Best Writing and more.
- Games, honors for outstanding work in games across mobile, social, and browser platforms, from Strategy and Puzzles and Trivia, to User Experience, Best Music/Sound Design, Best Game Design, and more.
- Metaverse, Immersive & Virtual, honors for exceptional work in creating and executing virtual reality, AR, and 3D world experiences in addition to virtual video experiences including conferences, concerts, and events. This newly expanded set of categories recognizes Metaverse & Immersive work including Best VR Headset Experience, Best Experiential Design, and more.
- Apps, dApps & Software, the Webbys honors the range of applications, experiences across handheld, tablet, web3 and OTT. This year the Webbys will honor the inaugural suite of dApp (Decentralized Apps) General categories, from Defi & Wallets to Art, Games & Culture and more.
Set Up a Webby Account
Don’t lose your work! You will automatically be prompted to set up an account when you submit 5 or more entries and we highly recommend you do.
Setting up an account allows you to keep tabs on your work and payment history and the entry site will keep your work in the cache in case you accidentally close your browser.
Agency v. Internal v. PR
You’ll notice that while entering, you are prompted to submit “Your Role.” Why do we ask this? It is so we can credit you properly in our Winners Gallery if you win.
So, what then are the distinctions between the Agency, Internal, and PR roles when entering The Webbys?
- Agency work is made on the behalf of a client.
- Internal work is used by the company or brand which created it.
- PR firms submit work for the clients they represent.
Other Top Tips For Entering
Our expert producer Evey Long is here to help with all of your entry-related queries and concerns. Here are her top tips on entry best practices. We asked so you didn’t have to.
- Promoting Your Work: A Twitter account is not required, but should your work be nominated (and thus eligible to participate in the Webby People’s Voice Awards), we can promote your success via Twitter.
- Campaign Entries: I recommend that entrants set up and submit a non-branded landing page with project details, case study video, marketing results/stats, etc., along with a link(s) to the actual elements of the campaign.
- Subscription-Based: For subscription-based apps or sites, I recommend that you provide a guest login for our judges. It is helpful to provide our judges with the opportunity to fully experience the work.
Of course, please don’t hesitate to contact Evey via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (212) 675-3555, if you have any questions or hesitations about entering.
To ensure your great work is submitted without a hitch, check out our Eligibility & Guidelines page for our expert and useful breakdown of the entry rules, fees and terms.
Need some inspiration? Winners get to be a part of this! The Early Entry Deadline for the 27th Annual Webby Awards is October 28th, 2022—Enter today.