1. For those who don’t know, tell us a little about your background.
Laura Mignott is an award-winning storyteller, network weaver, global show runner, and mountain mover known in her industry and beyond for her knack for bringing talented people together. She is the CEO of DFlash, a New York-based cultural communications agency. They design online & offline experiences that are curated to energize brands to make meaningful and lasting impact. “The Oprah that you know,” as Laura has been called, is the creator/host of the Reset Podcast , in which she interviews game-changers in the world of business. In order to share practical networking skills she’s honed over the years, Laura is also the creator of the online course One Degree of Connection , where she helps people to discover their passions and their “X factor.” She is the 2020 WiM Storyteller of the year & 2021 AdClub Rockstar award winner. She sits on multiple boards and leadership committees, including the C19 Coalition , Black Women Talk Tech , Fly Female Founders and more.
2. What particular expertise are you bringing to the Academy?
Understanding how to pivot, innovation, storytelling and how to make magic happen.
3. What are you most looking forward to about reviewing this year’s Webby Awards entries?
How entrants were able to innovate, create and produce great work in the middle of a pandemic.
4. What piece of creative work on the Internet has recently inspired you, and why?
Everything from the incredible marketing & storytelling from Lil Nas X, the rise of NFTs & Cryptopunks, the brilliance of Lovecraft country, the silliness of the Uber Eats ads to the incredible campaigns that Sephora just put out about Black Beauty.
5. What emerging trend or technology are you most excited about in your field of work?
NFTs & metaverse.