BBDO NEW YORK WINS AGENCY OF THE YEAR AT THE 24TH ANNUAL WEBBY AWARDS
MCCANN WORLDGROUP WINS NETWORK OF THE YEAR AND
M SS NG P ECES NAMED FIRST PRODUCTION COMPANY OF THE YEAR HONOR
WEBBY FROM HOME INTERNET CELEBRATION HOSTED BY PATTON OSWALT TAKES PLACE TODAY AT 3PM ET
NEW YORK, May 19, 2020 – The International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences (IADAS) today announced the Winners of The 24th Annual Webby Awards, dubbed WFH: Webbys from Home with BBDO New York taking home the top honor of “Webby Agency of the Year.” With five Webby Awards and eight Webby People’s Voice Awards, including for The Epidemic with Monica Lewinsky, Back to School Essentials for the Sandy Hook Promise, Beat Machine for Bacardi and The New Yorker Caption Contest, the company earned more Webby Awards and nominations across all categories than any other agency this year.
McCann New York (11 wins, 3 nominations), Droga5 (5 wins, 13 nominations), Goodby Silverstein & Partners (8 wins, 1 nomination), and R/GA (4 wins, 9 nominations), were all in close contention for Webby Agency of the Year, with standout campaigns like Changing the Game (McCann), The Truth is Worth It (Droga5), Nike PLAYlist (R/GA), and Lessons in Herstory (Goodby).
The Academy announced the Webby for Network of the Year. McCann Worldgroup, with the most pieces of celebrated work across all Webby categories, spanning 18 McCann Worldgroup agencies in 11 countries.
The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences is also pleased to share the winner for the first-ever Webby Production Company of the Year, m ss ng p eces. The team took home the historic Webby Award, as the production company with the most pieces of celebrated work across all Webby categories. The Mill and MediaMonks were among those in close contention for Webby Production Company of the Year.
“This year’s advertising Webby winners remind us that the best marketing and advertising on the Internet is creative, inspiring, poignant and innovative,” said Claire Graves, Executive Director of the Webby Awards. “At this moment in time, the Internet is where we are turning to support and uplift one another, and through the groundwork laid by this year’s winners, the bar has been set for how brands can do that. We’re thrilled to recognize their creativity and ingenuity.”
Webby Winners are selected by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences. Members include GE CMO Linda Boff, 360i President Abbey Klaassen, The Martin Agency CEO Kristen Cavallo, JPMorgan Chase CMO Kristen Lemkau, Framestore Co-founder and Global Head of VR Christine Cattano, Apple VP of Marcom Integration Nick Law, Mother’s Executive Creative Director Ana Balarin, Target CMO Rick Gomez, and Publics Sapient Chief Experience Officer John Maeda among others. 2.5 million votes were cast from Internet fans in more than 230 countries and territories around the world to choose the Winners of the Webby People’s Voice Awards.
Hosted by comedian Patton Oswalt, The Webby Awards’ star-studded Internet Celebration will take place today at 3pm ET and will celebrate the best work on the Internet. Fans can watch the show and experience hallmark 5-word speeches at WebbyAwards.com. Throughout the celebration The Webby Awards will continue an ongoing Voter Registration Rally with Vote.org, allowing everybody tuning into the celebration to confirm their voter registration.
KPMG provides vote tabulation consulting for The Webby Awards. To view the full list of Winners, please visit: https://winners.webbyawards.com
Highlights from this year’s winning projects & campaigns include:
- Monica Lewinsky – The Epidemic by BBDO New York: The Webby Award and Webby People’s Voice Award for Mobile Campaign (Advertising Campaigns)
- It’s bubly! by Goodby Silverstein & Partners: The Webby Award and Webby People’s Voice Award for Best Influencer Endorsements (PR)
- Tinder: Swipe Night by 72andSunny: The Webby People’s Voice Award for Brand Strategy (Advertising Campaigns)
- For The Throne by Droga5: The Webby Award for Media & Entertainment (Branded Content)
- Born Free – The Bitter Bond by ENGINE: The Webby People’s Voice Award for Best Use of Earned Media (Media)
- Bonds Re-Loved by Leo Burnett: The Webby Award for Digital Campaign (Advertising Campaigns)
- Go Back To Africa by FCB/SIX: The Webby Award for Tourism & Leisure (Branded Content)
- Listen to the Ocean by Africa: The Webby People’s Voice Award for Branded Content (Individual)
- Spoiler WHOPPER® by Grabarz & Partner Werbeagentur GmbH: The Webby People’s Voice Award for Best Use of Mobile Media (Media)
- The E.V.A. Initiative by Forsman & Bodenfors: The Webby Award for Best Cause Related Campaign (Advertising Campaigns)
- The Lift by & Co. / NoA: The Webby Award for Social Video (Individual)
- Adidas Originals “Donald Glover Presents” by Mamag Studios: The Webby People’s Voice Award for Best Video Campaign (Advertising Campaigns)
- Skittles Commercial: The Broadway Musical by SMUGGLER: The Webby Award for Best Event Activation (PR)
- Generation Lockdown by McCann New York: The Webby Award and Webby People’s Voice Award for Public Service & Activism (Branded Content)
- The Decade Wrapped by Spotify: The Webby People’s Voice Award for Integrated Campaign (Advertising Campaigns)
- Virtual Influencer Colonel Sanders by Wieden+Kennedy: The Webby Award for Best Use of Social Media (Media)
Find The Webby Awards Online:
About The Webby Awards:
Hailed as the “Internet’s highest honor” by The New York Times, The Webby Awards is the leading international awards organization honoring excellence on the Internet, including Websites, Video, Advertising, Media & PR, Apps, Mobile, and Voice, Social, Podcasts, and Games. Established in 1996, this year’s Webby Awards received nearly 13,000 entries from all 50 states and 70 countries worldwide. The Webby Awards are presented by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS). Sponsors and Partners of The Webby Awards include: WP Engine, Monday.com, Slack, YouGov, BASIC, KPMG, Adweek, Fast Company, The New Museum, and Social Media Week.