FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Anne Muscarella
72andSunny LA, R/GA, and Droga5 Among Top Agencies to Score Webby Award Wins This Year
New York, April 27, 2015 – Leo Burnett Toronto has earned the prestigious “Webby Agency of the Year” honor, as The International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences (IADAS) announced the winners of the 19th Annual Webby Awards. The Webby Agency of the Year Award is presented to the agency that earns the most Webby Award wins and nominations across all categories. Leo Burnett Toronto garnered 6 Webby Awards and, 5 Webby People’s Voice Awards for #LikeAGirl as well as a Webby for IKEA’s Quick & Easy Series. The #LikeAGirl campaign was produced jointly by Leo Burnett’s Toronto, Chicago and London offices, with Toronto’s Judy John serving as Executive Creative Director and Creative Lead.
Hosted by critically acclaimed actor and comedian Hannibal Buress, this year’s star-studded awards show at Cipriani Wall Street will be available to watch On Demand at webbyawards.com beginning at 9 a.m. ET on Tuesday, May 19.
CP+B (5 Webby Awards, 2 Nominations), BBDO New York (4 Webby Awards, 15 Webby Nominations), 72andSunny LA (2 Webby Awards, 16 Webby Nominations), R/GA (1 Webby Award, 24 Webby Nominations), and Droga5 (2 Webby Awards, 10 Webby Nominations) were each in close contention for the Agency of the Year Webby.
“This year’s most winning campaigns are not only selling products, but taking stands for real issues that are important to their customers,” said David-Michel Davies, Executive Director of The Webby Awards. “Whether its #LikeaGirl, or World’s Toughest Job, we’re proud to recognize work that engage with Internet culture in such moving and effective says.”
The Webby Award Winners are voted on by members of IADAS including Pereira & O’Dell’s PJ Pereira, Google’s Suzana Apelbaum, Wieden+Kennedy’s Colleen DeCourcy and Barton F. Graf 9000’s Gerry Graf. The Webby People’s Voice Awards, voted on by the online public, set a Webby Awards record with 1.7 million votes from over 200 countries and territories.
Highlights from this year’s winning campaigns include:
- #LikeaGirl by Leo Burnett Toronto (11) Corporate Communications (Social), Best Use of Video (Social) Viral, Short Form Branded Entertainment (Online Film & Video) Viral Marketing (Interactive Advertising & Media), Online Commercials (Interactive Advertising & Media)
- Magic of Flying by OgilvyOne London (3) Best Use of Data Driven Media, Tourism & Leisure (Interactive Advertising & Media)
- HBO Awkward Family Viewing by SS+K (2) Digital Campaigns, Best Copywriting (Interactive Advertising & Media)
- UNICEF TAP Project by Droga5 (1) Game or Application (Interactive Advertising & Media)
- The Universal Typeface by DDB Düsseldorf (1) Best Use of Mobile Media (Interactive Advertising & Media)
- Living with Lag by ANR BBDO Stockholm (1) Online Guerilla & Innovation (Interactive Advertising & Media)
- Hope.ly by BBDO New York (1) Public Service & Activism (Interactive Advertising & Media)
- The Game Before the Game by R/GA (1) Best Editing (Online Film & Video)
- OK Google Launch by 72andSunny (1) Integrated Campaigns (Interactive Advertising & Media)
Highlights from this year’s Wining Branded Content include:
- The World’s Toughest Job by Mullen (2) Branded Live Experiences, Branded Unscripted (Online Film & Video)
- The Distortion of Sound by KBS+ (1) Branded Long Form (Online Film & Video)
- Long Live New York by Y&R New York (1) Branded Animation (Online Film & Video)
- Guinness Sapeurs Documentary (1) Branded Long Form (Online Film & Video)
Deloitte provides vote tabulation consulting for The Webby Awards. To view the full list of advertising and branded content winners, please visit http://www.webbyawards.com/winners
About The Webby Awards:
Hailed as the “Internet’s highest honor” by The New York Times, The Webby Awards is the leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet, including Websites, Advertising & Media, Online Film & Video, Mobile Sites & Apps, and Social. Established in 1996, The Webby Awards received nearly 13,000 entries from all 50 states and over 60 countries worldwide this year. The Webby Awards is presented by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS). Sponsors and Partners of The Webby Awards include: Grey Goose, Google, Vitamin T, Shocase, Engine Yard, AdAge, Gigya, Internet Week New York, Deloitte, Code and Theory, Happy Fun Corp, net magazine, VentureBeat, GeekWire, Techweek, Protein, 99u, FITC, SoDA, Tech Cocktail, Digital Content Next, Internetworld, The Drum, Dailymotion.