MCCANN WORLDGROUP WINS NETWORK OF THE YEAR
MEDIAMONKS NAMED PRODUCTION COMPANY OF THE YEAR
THE 25TH ANNUAL WEBBY AWARDS INTERNET CELEBRATION HOSTED BY JAMEELA JAMIL TAKES PLACE TODAY AT 3PM ET
NEW YORK, May 18, 2021 – The International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences (IADAS) today announced the Winners of The 25th Annual Webby Awards with McCann New York taking home the top honor of Webby Agency of the Year. With four Webby Awards and six Webby People’s Voice Awards, including for I Stay Home for, Acceptance Street, True Name and Unfinished Votes, the company earned more Webby Awards and nominations across all categories than any other agency this year.
R/GA (6 wins, 6 nominations), Wieden+Kennedy (6 wins, 4 nominations), BASIC (5 wins, 8 nominations), Droga5 (3 wins, 14 nominations), and TBWA Media Arts Lab (3 wins, 7 nomination) were all in close contention for Webby Agency of the Year, with standout campaigns like Nike’s ‘You Can’t Stop Us’ (Wieden+Kennedy), Apple’s ‘Dark Universe Experiments’ (TBWA Media Arts Lab), Patagonia Brewery’s Comunal Gin (R/GA), and Life Needs Truth (Droga5).
The Academy announced the Webby for Network of the Year. McCann Worldgroup, with the most pieces of celebrated work across all Webby categories, spanning 21 agencies in 14 countries.
The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences is also pleased to share the winner for the Webby Production Company of the Year, MediaMonks. The team took home the historic Webby Award, as the production company with the most pieces of celebrated work across all Webby categories. Tool NA, m ss ng p eces, and The Mill were among those in close contention for Webby Production Company of the Year.
“This year’s advertising and marketing Winners created innovative campaigns, content and experiences that served to educate, entertain and uplift us all during a time where many have felt disconnected and isolated,” said Claire Graves, President of The Webby Awards. “Today, we’re excited to honor and celebrate these agencies and companies for their hard work in helping make the Internet a better place.”
Webby Winners are selected by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences. Members include GE CMO Linda Boff, The Martin Agency Chief Creative Officer Danny Robinson, Dentsu Aegis Network Global CEO Wendy Clark, Droga5 Creative Chairman David Droga, Barbarian Group Executive Creative Director Resh Sidhu, Framestore Co-founder and Global Head of VR Christine Cattano, Apple VP of Marcom Integration Nick Law, Mother’s Executive Creative Director Ana Balarin, Twitter’s Sr Director Design Richard Ting, Mischief USA CCO & Co-Founder Greg Hahn. They select a Webby Winner in each category.
Hosted by comedian Jameela Jamil, The Webby Awards’ star-studded Internet Celebration will take place today at 3pm ET and will celebrate the best work on the Internet. Fans can watch the show and experience hallmark 5-word speeches at WebbyAwards.com.
KPMG provides vote tabulation consulting for The Webby Awards. To view the full list of Winners, please visit: https://winners.webbyawards.com
Highlights from this year’s winning campaigns include:
- (Re)Introducing Jake by The Marketing Arm: The Webby People’s Voice Award for Brand Strategy (Advertising Campaigns)
- Budweiser – Future Official Sponsor by VaynerMedia: The Webby Award and Webby People’s Choice Award for Digital Campaign (Advertising Campaigns)
- Shoppable Girls by TAXI Toronto: The Webby Award for Best Cause Related Campaign (Advertising Campaigns)
- Match Made in Hell by Match: The Webby People’s Voice Award for Best Video Campaign (Advertising Campaigns)
- Smaht Pahk by INNOCEAN USA: The Webby People’s Voice Award for Integrated Campaign (Advertising Campaigns)
- VAR Discount by NORD DDB Stockholm: The Webby Award for Media & Entertainment (Branded Content)
- Virtual Sentosa by BBH Singapore: The Webby Award and Webby People’s Choice Award for Tourism & Leisure (Branded Content)
- 9/11 Day at Home – Getting millions to virtually volunteer during a global pandemic by Wunderman Thompson: The Webby Award for Public Service & Activism (Branded Content)
- #IStayHomeFor by McCann Worldgroup: The Webby People’s Voice Award for Public Service & Activism (Branded Content)
- The 1619 Project by Droga5: The Webby Award and Webby People’s Voice Award for Branded Content (Individual)
- CREATURE DISCOMFORTS: LIFE IN LOCKDOWN by ENGINE: The Webby Award for Social Video (Individual)
- Disappearing stories by Mozga Studio: The Webby Award for Best Use of Social Media (Media)
- Good Humor: A New Jingle for a New Era by Edelman: The Webby Award and Webby People’s Voice Award for Best Use of Earned Media (Media)
- @apple—Dark Universe Experiments by TBWA\Media Arts Lab: The Webby Award for Best Editing (Social)
- Budweiser – Future Official Sponsor by VaynerMedia: The Webby Award and Webby People’s Voice Award for Best Influencer Endorsements (PR)
- Build with the Force by Serviceplan Group SE & Co. KG: The Webby Award for Best Event Activation (PR)
- Patagonia Brewing – Comunal Gin by R/GA: The Webby Award for Best Launch (PR)
- Google Store by BASIC®: The Webby Award for Best Mobile Visual (Websites and Mobile Sites)
Highlights from this year’s winning branded content include:
- True Name by McCann Worldgroup: Best Cause Related Campaign (Advertising, Media & PR)
- Trojan Brand Condoms – Rising Time by 72andSunny: Best Branded Editorial Experience (Advertising, Media & PR)
- #JIFvsGIF by GIPHY: Food & Beverage (Advertising, Media & PR)
- Dezeen x Samsung Out of the Box Competition by Dezeen: Products & Services – Branded Content (Advertising, Media & PR)
- Virtual Sentosa by BBH Singapore: Tourism & Leisure – Branded (Advertising, Media & PR)
- Stories in Place by Vimeo: Series – Branded (Film & Video)
- Dictators by Mischief @ No Fixed Address and Dini von Mueffling Communications for RepresentUs: Viral – Branded (Film & Video)
- A Winning Mindset: Lessons From The Paralympics by International Paralympic Committee: Best Branded Podcast or Segment (Podcasts & Digital Audio)
Highlights from this year’s winning technical achievements across VR, AR, and machine learning categories include:
- Facetory: Face Yoga & Exercise by Gismart Ltd.: Experimental & Innovation (Apps and Software)
- RoboKiller by Teltech: Machine Learning and Bots (Apps and Software)
- Night Sky by iCandi Apps Ltd.: Best Use of Augmented Reality, Best User Interface, and Technical Achievement (Apps and Software)
- IKEA Harajuku with imma by Wieden+Kennedy Tokyo: Augmented Reality (Advertising, Media & PR)
- Space Explorers: The ISS Experience, Episode 1 by Felix & Paul Studios won the Webby People’s Voice Award for Best VR Video (Virtual & Remote)
- The Book of Distance by National Film Board of Canada: Best Narrative Experience (Virtual & Remote)
- Lovecraft Country – Sanctum by The Mill: Best VR Video (Virtual & Remote) and the Webby Award and Webby People’s Voice Award for Best 360-Video (Virtual & Remote)
- Covid Tracker by Reuters: Technical Achievement (Websites)
- Apple Arcade Homepage Takeover by Apple:Best Home/Welcome Page (Websites and Mobile Sites)
About The Webby Awards:
Hailed as the “Internet’s highest honor” by The New York Times, The Webby Awards is the leading international awards organization honoring excellence on the Internet, including Websites; Video; Advertising, Media & PR; Apps, Mobile, and Voice; Social; Podcasts; and Games. Established in 1996, The Webby Awards received more than 13,000 entries from all 50 states and 70 countries worldwide this year. The Webby Awards are presented by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS). Sponsors and Partners of The Webby Awards include WP Engine, YouGov, BrandLive, Marketerhire (Official Career Partner), NAACP, KPMG, MediaMonks, Kamp Grizzly, Fast Company, Wall Street Journal, MediaPost, Podcast Movement, AIGA and Social Media Week.
Sunshine Sachs – (212) 691-2800
For event press or questions: email@example.com