FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Anne Muscarella
Webby Winners will be honored at the star-studded ceremony on Monday, May 19, 2014 in New York. The Webby Awards ceremony will be hosted by critically acclaimed stand-up comedian, writer, and actor Patton Oswalt and will be available to watch On Demand at WebbyAwards.com beginning at 9 a.m. ET on Tuesday, May 20, 2014.
R/GA (3 Webby Awards, 6 Webby Nominations), Creative Artists Agency (5 Webby Awards, 1 Webby Nomination), 72andSunny LA (10 wins, 2 nominations), (3 Webby Awards, 5 Webby Nominations) and Forsman & Bodenfors (5 Webby Awards and 1 Webby Nomination) were each in close contention for the Agency of the Year Webby.
“This feels like a big milestone. Top agencies like Ogilvy Paris are using Internet technologies to not only sell more products for their clients but to literally shape and change opinion on global cultural issues like Same Sex Marriage,” said David-Michel Davies, Executive Director of the Webby Awards. “We are thrilled for the opportunity to recognize Ogilvy Paris as the Webby Agency of the Year.”
The Webby Award winners are voted on by members of IADAS that include: Wieden+Kennedy’s Colleen DeCourcy, Pereira & O’Dell’s PJ Pereira, Anomaly’s Suzana Apelbaum, and McCann Melbourne’s John Mescal. The Webby People’s Voice Awards, voted on by the online public, set a Webby Awards record this year with 500,000 people from over 200 countries and territories casting 2 million votes.
Highlights from this year’s winning campaigns include:
- Google+ Same Sex Marriage by Ogilvy Paris (7): Corporate Social Responsibility (Websites), Reality (Online Film & Video), Public Service & Activism (Online Film & Video), Best Use of Social Media (Interactive Advertising & Media)
- The Scarecrow by Creative Artists Agency (5): Game or Application (Mobile), Animation (Online Film & Video), Integrated Campaigns (Interactive Advertising & Media)
- The Epic Split by Forsman & Bodenfors (4): Branded Entertainment Short Form (Online Film & Video), Viral Marketing and Online Commercials (Interactive Advertising)
- A Google Art, Copy & Code Project by 72andSunny LA (3): Corporate Communications (Websites), Business Products & Services, Mobile & Experience Marketing (Interactive Advertising & Media)
- Climate Name Change by Barton F. Graf 9000 (3): Best Copy Writing (Interactive Advertising & Media); Branded Entertainment, Scripted (Online Film & Video)
Deloitte provides vote tabulation consulting for The Webby Awards. To view the full list of advertising and branded content winners, please visit webbyawards.com/winners.
About The Webby Awards
Hailed as the “Internet’s highest honor” by The New York Times, The Webby Awards is the leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet, including Websites, Interactive Advertising & Media, Online Film & Video, Mobile & Apps, and Social. Established in 1996, The Webby Awards received nearly 12,000 entries from all 50 states and over 60 countries worldwide this year. The Webby Awards is presented by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS). Sponsors and Partners of The Webby Awards include: Microsoft, Dell, Vitamin T, MailChimp, Engine Yard, Funny or Die, AdAge, Percolate, BuzzFeed, Mashable, HLN, Business Insider, Internet Week New York and Guardian News and Media.
To Join the conversation