FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
72andSunny, Wieden+Kennedy and BBDO New York among top agencies to score Webby Award wins this year
NEW YORK, April 26, 2016 – The International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences (IADAS) today announced the Winners of the 20th Annual Webby Awards, with R/GA taking the top honor of “Webby Agency of the Year.” With eight Webby Award and Webby People’s Voice Awards, including Love Has No Labels, Straight Outta, Tracy Morgan in a Christmas Miracle and FocusMotion, R/GA earned more Webby Awards and nominations across all categories than any other agency this year.
Marking its 20th anniversary this year, the star-studded ceremony in New York will celebrate the year’s most innovative, inspiring and entertaining work on the Internet. The show will be available on demand at webbyawards.com the morning of Tuesday, May 17, and will feature all the show highlights, including special performances and all the hallmark 5-Word Speeches from the night’s big Winners.
72andSunny (7 Webby Awards and 9 Webby Nominations), Wieden+Kennedy (3 Webby Awards and 6 Webby Nominations), BBDO New York (2 Webby Awards and 7 Webby Nominations), Saatchi & Saatchi (2 Webby Awards and 5 Webby Nominations), Stinkdigital (5 Webby Awards and 1 Webby Nomination) and CP+B (4 Webby Awards and 2 Webby Nominations) were all in close contention for Webby Agency of the Year.
“This year’s winning campaigns, advertising and branded content continue to break boundaries and inspire and delight Internet fans around the world,” said David-Michel Davies, Executive Director of The Webby Awards. “Over the past 20 years, The Webby Awards has honored the most extraordinary online work, running the gamut from hilarious and entertaining to thought-provoking and powerful. We are proud to celebrate the creativity and ingenuity that captures the hearts and minds of so many.”
IADAS members including Droga5’s David Droga, Pereira & O’Dell’s PJ Pereira, Margaret Johnson, Executive Creative Director & Partner, Goodby Silverstein & Partners, McCann Worldgroup’s John Mescall and BBH’s Mel Exon selected this year’s Webby Award Winners, while more than 2 million votes were cast by Internet fans in 235 countries and territories around the world to choose the Winners of the Webby People’s Voice Awards.
Highlights from this year’s winning campaigns include:
- Lightsaber Escape: A Chrome Experience by 72andSunny (4) Game or Application (Advertising & Media), Technical Achievement (Advertising & Media)
- Spotify by Razorfish New York (4) Brand Strategy (Advertising & Media), Best Visual Design – Aesthetic (Website), Media & Entertainment (Advertising & Media)
- Straight Outta by R/GA (2) Consumer Electronics & Services Digital Campaigns (Advertising & Media)
- House of Cards – FU 2016 by BBH NY (2) Integrated Campaigns (Advertising & Media)
- Squatty Potty by The Harmon Brothers (2) Copywriting (Advertising & Media)
- I Am A Witness by Goodby Silverstein & Partners (1) for Public Service & Activism (Advertising & Media)
- Instagrams to Instamurals by Colle+McVoy (1)for Best Use of Photography (Advertising & Media)
- GE Podcast Theater: The Message by BBDO New York (1) for Best Use of Native Advertising (Advertising & Media)
- 805 Million Names by Forsman & Bodenfors (1) for Viral Marketing (Advertising & Media)
- McWhopper by Y&R New Zealand (1) for Corporate Social Responsibility (Advertising & Media)
- Taco Bell Mobile Ordering App by DigitasLBi (1) for Food & Beverage (Advertising & Media)
Highlights from this year’s winning Branded Content include:
- Love Has No Labels by R/GA (3) Corporate Social Responsibility Campaigns (Advertising & Media), Integrated Campaigns (Online Film & Video)
- Zoolander Returns to the Runway by WME | IMG (3) Live Experiences, Viral (Online Film & Video), Celebrity/Fan (Social)
- Airbnb: Love is Welcome by Molecule SF (1) Long Form (Online Film & Video)
- Tracy Morgan in a Christmas Miracle by R/GA (1) Scripted (Online Film & Video)
- Dream On by Goodby Silverstein & Partners (1) for Animation (Online Film & Video)
Deloitte provides vote tabulation consulting for The Webby Awards. To view the full list of advertising and branded content winners, please visit: http://www.webbyawards.com/winners.
About the Webby Awards:
Hailed as the “Internet’s highest honor” by The New York Times, The Webby Awards is the leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet, including Websites, Advertising & Media, Online Film & Video, Mobile Sites & Apps and Social. Established in 1996, The Webby Awards received nearly 13,000 entries from all 50 states and over 70 countries worldwide this year. The Webby Awards is presented by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS). Sponsors and Partners of The Webby Awards include: Xfinity, Google, Verizon, Vitamin T, The Scene, YouTube, MediaMonks, Adformatie, Advertising Age, Code and Theory, Cool Hunting, Creativepool, Digiday, FITC, GIPHY, Internet Week New York, It’s Nice That, Mashable, Mobile Marketing Association, Moleskine, Ninja Marketing, Northside Festival, NUMA, Social Media Week, SoDA, Springwise, Taste Talks, The Drum, The Guardian News Media, The Hollywood Reporter, Tube Filter and VentureBeat.