- Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2019: 24th Webby Awards Call for Entries Opens
- Friday, Oct. 25, 2019: Early Entry Deadline (last chance for preferred pricing)
- Friday, Dec. 20, 2019: Final Entry Deadline
- April 2020: Webby Nominees and Winners announced
- May 2020: The 24th Annual Webby Awards
SEASON OVERVIEW: SEPTEMBER 2019 – MAY 2020
HI, I ENTERED WORK IN THE 24TH ANNUAL WEBBY AWARDS!
Congratulations! Your work is now in the running to join over two decades of Internet excellence in the Webby Winners Gallery. Take a breath, enjoy a pat on the back: Just by entering The Webby Awards, you’ve acknowledged that you and your team have created great work this year. Thanks for contributing to a better Internet.
THAT IS ENCOURAGING, THANK YOU. WHAT HAPPENS NOW?
Judging for the 24th Annual Webby Awards officially starts in Fall 2018.
Tip: You will be alerted via email when judging begins, among other updates, so make sure to keep firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com on your preferred senders list to not miss any news.
WHO JUDGES THE WEBBY AWARDS?
You have the honor of having your work seen by some of the Internet’s brightest minds and foremost luminaries in the International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences (IADAS): our +2,000-member Judging body, comprising individuals with expertise in one or more of our media types, like:
- Werner Vogels, CTO, Amazon
- Anne Wojcicki, CEO and Co-Founder, 23andMe
- Jesse Williams, Actor/Activist, Founder of BLeBRiTY
- Tiffany Rolfe, EVP and Chief Creative Officer, R/GA
- DeRay Mckesson, Activist, Host of Pod Save the People
- Wendy Clark, CEO, DDB Worldwide
- Linda Boff, CMO, GE
- Jen Rubio, Co-Founder and Chief Brand Officer, Away
- Yann LeCun, VP & Chief AI Scientist, Facebook
WHAT CAN I DO WHILE I’M WAITING FOR JUDGES TO REVIEW MY WORK?
As a Webby entrant, you’re now a member of the Webby community. Welcome. We invite you to:
- Take a deep dive into Webby and Internet history by catching up on episodes of the Webby Podcast. Season Four will feature interviews with Internet heavy hitters including David Wallace Wells, author of The Uninhabitable Earth; Jennifer Granick, ACLU surveillance and cybersecurity counsel; Cenk Uygur, host and creator of The Young Turks; Kieran Snyder, Co-Founder and CEO, Textio; and more.
- Book a Webby Talk at your office. This year’s trend is “Under the Influence: How the Internet exploits our thirst for a good fight, and leaves us wanting *more.” We’re on the road October through January and would love to meet your team. (Learn more and see our schedule here.)
Do you have more work you’d like to submit this year? Save with early entry pricing before Friday, October 25 at entries.webbyawards.com
HOW AND WHEN WILL I KNOW IF MY WORK IS NOMINATED?
The 24th Annual Webby Nominees will be announced in April 2020. All entrants will be notified via email about their standing in this year’s Webby Awards. Nominees will also be announced in The Webby Awards newsletter, and on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Keep up with us everywhere for updates and exclusives.
The Webby Nominee Announcement is also the start of The Webby People’s Voice Awards: a two-week voting period when millions of votes are cast from around the world for Webby Nominees. This is a period of massive exposure for your work and a chance to win one of two coveted Webby Awards in your category.
(Read more in our Webby People’s Voice Explainer.)
HOW AND WHEN WILL I KNOW IF MY WORK WINS A WEBBY AWARD?
The 24th Annual Webby Nominees will be announced April 2020. All Webby Nominees will be notified if they have won the Webby Award and/or the Webby People’s Voice Award in their category. Winners will also be announced in The Webby Awards newsletter, and on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Keep up with us everywhere for updates and exclusives about Special Achievement honorees, Host updates, and more.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I AM A WEBBY WINNER?
This is obviously cause for huge celebration. To be a Webby Winner is to be internationally recognized as the best of the Internet, and to receive what The New York Times calls “The Internet’s highest honor.”
But with great power comes great responsibility, and there are a few things to do now:
1. Secure your spot at the Internet’s biggest night: Look out for emails from the Webby team so you can order your table or tickets for the 24th Annual Webby Awards immediately before they sell out.
2. Start spreading the news: Winning a Webby Award is a big deal, so you’ll want to make the most of it. Don’t worry. We will have a ton of resources to help you take advantage of this opportunity when the time comes.
3. Start working on your Webby 5-Word Speech: the hallmark of every Webby Awards show, this is your chance to declare your passion for your project in only five words. Get acquainted with past 5-Word Speeches.
4. And get excited for the big show by watching some of last year’s highlights.
The 24th Annual Webby Awards Early Entry Deadline is Friday, October 25, 2019. Enter your best work now across Websites; Advertising, Media & PR; Video; Mobile, Apps and Voice; Podcasts; Social; and Games.