Webby for Good is a collaborative program formed by The Webby Awards and WP Engine to showcase Webby-recognized projects built to change the world.
The Charity Network in partnership with Lin-Manuel Miranda and his family offer once-in-a-lifetime experiences on Prizeo (online sweepstakes platform) and Charitybuzz (online auction platform) to raise money and awareness for causes and charities near and dear to Lin-Manuel's heart.
The Charity Network has helped Lin-Manuel raise money and awareness for many different and relevant causes and charities by leveraging Lin-Manuel's huge success with the Broadway show, HAMILTON. Lin-Manuel and his family are innately philanthropic and it is part of their DNA, so their family and the family's values are the inspiration. As many great ideas are created, this one came about at a dinner over food and wine!
We never wanted to seem like we are exploiting Lin-Manuel's status or fan base. We always keep our marketing and communications authentic and real. Lin-Manuel and his family get very engaged in the campaigns and they communicate their truth, thus fans respect and love them.
The most rewarding part of working on these campaigns with the Miranda family is being able to raise incredible amounts of money and awareness for timely and topical issues. The most unexpected part of this process has been the HUGE and positive feedback we receive from the media outlets all over the world who want to cover our campaigns.
We make "real-world" impact with all the Lin-Manuel campaigns. Lin-Manuel and his family and team have an intensive vetting process for all the charity partners and causes we have supported, and we get real feedback on where the money goes. From the environment to immigration issues, women's rights, and more, we work closely not only with Lin-Manuel but also with the charities.
Our breakthrough moment was early on when we realized the huge social media impact that Lin-Manuel has with his fans. That has informed the marketing and communications plans for all the campaigns. Lin-Manuel is beloved by his fans and he is very respectful of them as well.
It was all about social media and leveraging Lin-Manuel's Twitter and Facebook advertising.
Being mindful to not over-burden or saturate Lin-Manuel's core fan base.
Authenticity! We know that when you can keep it real, it works. We look for tech projects and products that help us keep it genuine.
- Composer, Lyricist, Actor Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Founding Partner Luis A. Miranda, Jr. MirRam Group
- Psychologist/Psychoanalyst Dr. Luz Towns-Miranda
- CFO Luz Miranda-Crespo MirRam Group
- Founder/President Luis Crespo TeeRico
- Director of Philanthropy Sara Miller 5000 Broadway Productions
- Director of Operations Owen Panettieri 5000 Broadway Productions
- Account Manager Charlie Guadano Sunshine Sachs
- Attorney Vanessa A. Nadal
- Founder & CEO Todd Wagner Charity Network
- Chief Creative Officer Jan Friedlander Svendsen Charity Network
- Chief Revenue Officer Ben Erwin Charity Network
- Director of Consumer Marketing Carson Coldiron Charity Network
- Digital Marketing Specialist Chelsea McClure Charity Network
- Senior Design Director Heather Berman Charity Network
- Senior Copywriter Jim Lochner Charity Network
- Graphic Designer Deniz Ayaz Charity Network
- Director of Communications Janai Speer Charity Network
- General Manager Lauren Werner Prizeo
- Senior Account Manager Stefan Geyer Prizeo
- Developer Patrick Beck Prizeo
- Fulfillment Manager Jueying Li Prizeo
- Customer Service Specialist Michael Alassas Prizeo
- Producer Hal Isaacson 2929 Entertainment
- Editor Martin Klemes 2929 Entertainment
About the Public Service & Activism category
Social media services and platforms dedicated to public service and activism pursuits. Platform agnostic—enter any and all social media that best exemplify your work.