All media love facts, numbers and statistics. Here are some media-friendly facts and statistics about The Webby Awards to help strengthen your pitch for your story:
Download the Webby Awards fact sheet pdf.
- Key Dates:
- April 12, 2011: People's Voice Awards voting begins
- April 28, 2011: People's Voice Awards voting ends
- May 3, 2011: Webby Award and People's Voice Award Winners announced
- June 13, 2011: The 15th Annual Webby Awards
- Key Facts:
- The Webby Awards is the Internet's most respected symbol of success. The 15th Annual Webby Awards received nearly 10,000 entries from all 50 US states and over 60 countries worldwide.
- Winners are chosen by the International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences a global organization whose members include director Darren Aronofsky, Martha Stewart, Huffington Post Media Group President Arianna Huffington,
Twitter Co-Founder Biz Stone, musician David Bowie, and Internet co-creator Vint Cerf, Virgin Group Chairman Richard Branson, and R/GA Chairman and CEO Bob Greenberg.
- Judging Criteria:
- Winners are selected for recognition based on excellence in the following criteria:
- Websites & Mobile:
- content, structure and navigation, visual design, functionality, interactivity and overall experience
- Interactive Advertising:
- creativity, integration, overall experience
- Film & Video:
- concept & writing, quality of craft, integration, overall experience
- Past Winners:
- Recognition by the Webby Award puts you in the esteemed group of industry leaders such as Amazon.com, eBay, Yahoo!, iTunes, Google, FedEx, BBC News, CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times, NPR, Mashable, Facebook, Twitter, The New Yorker, Wikipedia, Flickr, ESPN, Comedy Central, PBS, The Onion News Network, The Office Webisodes, TED.com, and NASA.
- Live Online Broadcast:
- The Webby Awards will be broadcast live to a global audience through a new partnership with MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM), the interactive division of Major League Baseball. In addition to social media and multiple stream integrations, viewers will have the ability to share in-progress highlights, interact on multiple screens using custom developed mobile phone and tablet apps, and experience a tricked-out video stream that provides not just a front row seat to the ceremony, but also the ability to participate and shape the event as it unfolds.
- Important Links:
- • Webby Awards Website
- • Webby Awards Twitter
- • Webby Awards Tumblr
- • Webby Awards YouTube