Quick Webby Facts
All media love facts, numbers and statistics. Here are some media-friendly facts and statistics about The Webby Awards to help strengthen your pitch for your story:
Download the Webby Awards fact sheet pdf.
- Key Dates:
- 18th Annual Webby Awards -
- April 8, 2014: Webby Nominees announced, People's Voice Awards voting begins
- April 24, 2014: People's Voice Awards voting ends
- April 28, 2014: Webby Award and People's Voice Award Winners announced
- May 19, 2014: The 18th Annual Webby Awards will be held at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City.
- MAy 20, 2014: The 18th Annual Webby Awards available on demand at Webbyawards.com
- Key Facts:
- The Webby Awards is the Internet's most respected symbol of success. The 18th Annual Webby Awards received 12,000 entries from all 50 US states and over 60 countries worldwide.
- Winners are chosen by the International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences a global organization whose newest members include Tumblr founder David Karp, New York City Chief Digital Officer Rachel Sterne, Lauging Squid founder Scott Beale as well as CEO of Rovio Mikael Hed, co-founder of Instagram Kevin Systrom, as well as director Darren Aronofsky, Martha Stewart, Huffington Post Media Group President Arianna Huffington, Twitter co-founder Biz Stone, musician David Bowie, Internet co-creator Vint Cerf, Virgin Group Chairman Richard Branson, and R/GA Chairman and CEO Bob Greenberg.
- Judging Criteria:
- Honorees are selected for recognition based on excellence in the following criteria:
- Websites & Mobile:
- content, structure and navigation, visual design, functionality, interactivity and overall experience
- Interactive Advertising & Media:
- creativity, integration, overall experience
- Film & Video:
- concept & writing, quality of craft, integration, overall experience
- content, creativity, engagement, overall experience
- Past Winners:
- Recognition by the Webby Award puts you in the esteemed group of industry leaders such as Twitter, Google, eBay, Pinterest, Skype, Fab.com, Instagram, BBC News, CNN, The Guardian, The New York Times, Aol, Tumblr, Wikipedia, ESPN, Funny or Die, Comedy Central, PBS, The Huffington Post, the Sundance Channel, and The Onion.
- Follow Us::