Webby Awards Social Media Manager
About Recognition Media
We are a creative and Internet industry recognition company. Our organization owns and operates the industry’s leading awards, including The Webby Awards – the Internet industry’s most coveted prize – and The Telly Awards – the largest global award honoring video and TV across all screens. Our award brands play a critical role in the creative and digital marketplace – signaling which companies and professionals are the best and which projects are setting standards of excellence. While creativity and technology are at the core of what we do, a passion for the industry and people using it to drive change is what drives us.
Recognition Media embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Have your skills rewarded at Recognition Media
Do you have a knack for cultivating an inclusive community? Do you thrive on twitter and have the best Instagrams? Do you have a great mind for data and identifying trends? Can you curate a stream of content that embraces everything from thought leadership to viral videos?
The Webby Awards is the leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet, and Netted is our awesome email that shares the best apps, sites and products to an audience of over half a million people. We are a hard-working team of Internet aficionados who carry out a mission to celebrate the very best of the Internet and we’re looking for an experienced Social Media Manager to join our team to engage and grow The Webby Awards social media presences.
The Webby Awards embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills regardless of your age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, class, disability, nationality or any other dimension that makes you unique. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Social Media Manager
Coordinate all social media activity for The Webby Awards
- Develop and implement a social media marketing plan with a keen understanding of different cultural nuances of our global audience to increase the brand’s online presence and improve marketing and sales.
- Manage on-brand social media marketing campaigns with engaging content that includes well-crafted call to actions designed to drive action.
- Create, edit, curate and manage all daily published content (images, video, written and audio) using existing content as well as creating custom engaging and accessible content for audiences from all backgrounds, communities and interests.
- Coordinate growth marketing agency relationship to develop and execute paid media campaigns.
- Manage social media partners to promote key campaigns and initiatives.
- Report performance metrics including user engagement, audience growth, content performance, clicks, revenue and return on investment to optimize content.
- Act as the brand ambassador and the public voice of our brands; cultivate positive relationships with followers from all backgrounds and engage in community activity daily.
- Identify, curate and share relevant content from other media properties on our social platforms.
- Monitor, listen and engage users from all backgrounds while cultivating an inclusive brand community.
- Develop and execute strategic plans for relevant new social platforms when appropriate.
- 4+ years of experience in social media marketing/community management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; outstanding organizational skills
- The ability to think creatively about brand growth and implement unconventional, innovative social campaigns
- An in-depth understanding of key social media sites including, but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Snapchat, and TikTok
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and experience working across multiple projects at one time while meeting deadlines
- A forward thinker with strong public and interpersonal communication skills
- A passion for Internet culture and all things digital
- A desire to try new platforms and experiment with new techniques.
- Experience with Content Management Platforms, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics preferred
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative suite with the ability to create clear and engaging social graphics, motion and other basic design solutions
- Events coverage experience
- You will join a team of hard-working team of Internet aficionados with an excellent taste in music, tv and film
- You will make an impact on this and this!
- Comprehensive Benefit programs for all employees:
- Paid Annual Leave, Paid Time Off, and Paid Sick Leave
- Health Insurance, Dental and Vision insurance
- Opportunity to enroll in FSA program, TransitChek program, Dependent Care FSA
- Company-sponsored Life Insurance benefit
- Annual Performance-based Bonus Program
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic The Webby Awards team is currently working remotely. Our executive team is reviewing plans to safely go back to our Manhattan office and this role will be based out of that office at that time.
Working at Recognition Media is rewarding. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV/Resume along with a note about yourself and why you are interested in joining our team to Social@Webbyawards.com