Webby Group Social Media Manager
About Recognition Media & The Webby Group
We are a creative and Internet industry recognition company. Our organization owns and operates the industry’s leading awards, including The Webby Awards – the Internet industry’s most coveted prize, in addition to The Anthem Awards – celebrating purpose and mission-driven work from people, companies and organizations worldwide, and The Lovie Awards, recognizing Europe’s Internet excellence in the fields of culture, technology and business. Our award brands play a critical role in the creative, social impact and digital marketplace – signaling which companies and professionals are the best and which projects are setting standards of excellence. While creativity and technology are at the core of what we do, a passion for the industry and people using it to drive change is what drives us. We are looking for a Social Media Manager to coordinate all social media efforts for the Webby Group’s programs.
Recognition Media embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
This is a full-time, hybrid role, in our NYC Flatiron office reporting to the Group Marketing Director of the Webby Group.
Have your skills rewarded at Recognition Media
We are a hard-working team of Internet aficionados who carry out a mission to celebrate the very best of the Internet and we’re looking for a Social Media Manager to join our team and to engage and grow our Webby Group programs.
– Develop and implement a social media marketing strategy plan to increase the brand’s online presence and improve marketing and sales efforts and day-to-day content distribution.
– Manage on-brand social media marketing campaigns with engaging content across our social platforms, optimized for each audience and CTA
– Create, edit, curate and manage all published content (images, video, written and audio) using existing content as well as creating custom engaging content for social channels
– Manage social media partners to promote key campaigns and initiatives
– Report KPI’s including user engagement, audience growth, content performance, clicks, revenue and ROI
– Analyze and utilize KPI’s to optimize content
– Act as the brand ambassador and the public voice of our brands; cultivate positive relationships with followers and engage in community activity daily
– Identify, curate and share relevant content from other media properties on our social platforms
– Develop and execute strategic plans for relevant new social platforms when appropriate
– 2-4 years of experience in social media marketing/community management
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills; outstanding organizational skills
– The ability to think creatively about brand growth and implement unconventional, innovative social campaigns
– Active accounts across key social media sites including, but not limited to, TikTok, X, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Snapchat
– A strong work ethic with excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
– A passion for Internet culture and all things digital and a high-level of taste
– A desire to try new platforms and experiment with new techniques.
– Experience with Content Management Platforms
– Working knowledge of Adobe Creative suite with the ability to create clear and engaging social graphics, motion and other basic design solutions
– Events coverage experience preferred but not required
Compensation and Benefits
– $75,000 annual salary
– Competitive compensation package with generous incentive-based bonus program
– Comprehensive health care plan (health, dental, vision) with 100% of employee premiums (and 70% for dependents) paid by company
– Annual enrollment options for FSA program, Dependent Care program, and TransitChek/Commuter program
– Company-sponsored life insurance benefit
– Paid annual leave, paid time off and paid sick leave
Working at Recognition Media is rewarding. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your résumé along with a note about yourself and why you are interested in joining our team to J O B S at recogmedia.net with the subject line Social Media Manager.