JudgesThe Webby Awards is judged by the International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences (or IADAS, as we affectionately call it).
The International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences was founded in 1998 to help drive the creative, technical, and professional progress of the Internet and evolving forms of interactive media.
In the model of the film, television, and the recording industries, the purposes of The Academy are:
- To recognize and acknowledge excellence in interactive content across emerging technologies.
- To connect a diverse group of luminaries to facilitate growth and development in the digital arts and sciences.
- To educate industry professionals and the public-at-large about what is relevant, making technology accessible and integrating it into the general culture.
You can find a complete list of IADAS members at www.iadas.net
The 26th Annual Webby Awards received over 14,000 entries from 70 countries and all 50 states and generated over 9 billion media impressions worldwide.
Associate Academy members are former Webby winners and nominees and other invited industry professionals who are leaders in their peer groups because of their creative and technical accomplishments. Associate members are invited to take part in Round 1 Judging, the initial phase of the Webby evaluation process.
The Executive Academy is comprised of industry luminaries such as:
- Matthew Ball, CEO, EpyllionCo
- Takashi Murakami, Artist
- Anil Dash & Kevin McCoy, Inventors of the NFT
- Michele Lawrence Jawando, Senior Vice President of Programs, Omidyar Network
- Tan France, Fashion Designer, Television Personality & Author
- Roxane Gay, Host, The Roxane Gay Agenda
- Joanna Popper, Chief Metaverse Officer, Creative Artists Agency
- Colleen DeCourcy, Chief Creative Officer – Snap
- Maya Watson, Head of Global Marketing – Clubhouse.
Members also include writers and editors from publications such as The New York Times, Wired, Details, Fast Company, Elle, The Los Angeles Times, Vibe, and WallPaper.
Takeshi Murakami, Artist and NFT Pioneer
DeRay McKesson, Activist and Pod Save the People host
Tan France, Fashion designer, Television Personality, and Author
Patrick Starrr, Social Media Personality and Entrepreneur
Roxane Gay, Author and Podcaster
Artist and Fashion Icon, Grimes
Internet Pioneer Vint Cerf, one of the "Fathers of the Internet" and inventor of TCP/IP protocols that would become the Internet.
Jordan Klepper, Comedian, Writer and TV Host
Eva Chen, Head of Fashion Partnerships at Instagram
Musicians Questlove (right) & Posdnuos and Trugoy the Dove of De La Soul
John Maeda, Design Partner at KPCB and Computer Science Artist
Reshma Saujani, Founder of Girls Who Code
Nick Law, Vice Chairman, Chief Creative Officer of Publicis Groupe
Bill Simmons, Founder of The Ringer
Lawrence Lessig, Harvard Professor & Founder of the Creative Commons
Rhett and Link, Hosts of Good Mythical Morning
Margaret Johnson Executive Creative Director, Goodby Silverstein & Partners