September 10, 2018: Call for Entries Commences
October 26, 2018: Early Entry Deadline
December 14th, 2018: Final Entry Deadline
February 8th, 2019: Extended Entry Deadline
March 2019: Executive Judging
April 2, 2019: Webby Award Nominees Announced
April 23, 2019: Webby Award Winners Announced
May 13, 2019: The 23rd Annual Webby Awards Show
Key Facts: The Webby Awards is the Internet’s most respected symbol of success. The 23rd Annual Webby Awards received more than 13,000 entries from nearly all 50 states and 70 countries worldwide.
Judges: Webby Winners are selected by The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS), a global organization of industry experts and technology innovators. You can see them all here. The online public also chooses The Webby People’s Voice Winners by casting ballots for their favorite Nominees during the annual voting period.
Judging Criteria: Winners are selected for recognition based on “overall experience,” as well as excellence in the following areas:
– Websites: Content, Structure & Navigation, Visual Design, Overall Experience, Functionality and Interactivity
– Video: Concept & Writing, Overall Experience, Quality of Craft and Integration
– Advertising, Media & PR: Creativity, Overall Experience, and Integration
– Apps, Mobile and Voice: Content, Structure & Navigation, Visual Design, Functionality and Interactivity
– Social: Content, Creativity, Overall Experience, and Engagement
– Podcasts: Commentary, customer service, promotional campaigns, humor & more
– Games: Strategy and Puzzles, User Experience, Sound Design, Writing, & more
Learn more about The Webby Awards Judging Academy here.