Quick FactsNeed some quick facts about The Webby Awards? You've come to the right place.
24th Annual Webby Awards Key Dates:
– September 2019 – February 2020: Call for Entries Open
– March 2020: Executive Judging takes place
– April 28, 2020: Nominees Announced and Webby People’s Voice voting starts
– May 19, 2020 – 8am ET: Winners Announced
– May 19, 2020 – 3pm ET: Internet Celebration begins
Key Facts: The Webby Awards is the Internet’s most respected symbol of success. The 24th Annual Webby Awards received nearly 13,000 entries from nearly all 50 states and 70 countries worldwide.
Judges: Webby Winners are selected by The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS), a global organization of industry experts and technology innovators. You can see them all here. The online public also chooses The Webby People’s Voice Winners by casting ballots for their favorite Nominees during the annual voting period.
Judging Criteria: Winners are selected for recognition based on “overall experience,” as well as excellence in the following areas:
– Websites: Content, Structure & Navigation, Visual Design, Overall Experience, Functionality and Interactivity
– Video: Concept & Writing, Overall Experience, Quality of Craft and Integration
– Advertising, Media & PR: Creativity, Overall Experience, and Integration
– Apps, Mobile and Voice: Content, Structure & Navigation, Visual Design, Functionality and Interactivity
– Social: Content, Creativity, Overall Experience, and Engagement
– Podcasts: Commentary, customer service, promotional campaigns, humor & more
– Games: Strategy and Puzzles, User Experience, Sound Design, Writing, & more
Learn more about The Webby Awards Judging Academy here.