About Recognition Media
We are a creative and Internet industry recognition company. Our organization owns and operates some of the industry’s leading awards, including The Telly Awards for television and video, the Signal Awards for podcasts, and the Academy of Interactive & Visual Arts (AIVA) programs (the Communicator Awards, w3 Awards, and Davey Awards). Our award brands play a critical role in the creative and digital marketplace – signaling which companies and professionals are the best and which projects are setting standards of excellence. While creativity and technology are at the core of what we do, a passion for the industry and its innovators is what drives us.
Recognition Media embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are looking for an enthusiastic copywriter to join our team. We need someone who is comfortable working transparently, gets excited iterating and ideating, and can really dig in to the process. You’ll be in the trenches, but can keep your eye on the overall goal. Be ready to work and output a ton. You will have the opportunity to mentor and support other members of the creative team and work closely with leaders across multiple awards programs. Be the voice of the Telly Awards, Signal Awards and AIVA.
This is a full-time, hybrid role, in our NYC Flatiron office.
- 3-5 years of professional copywriting, writing, or editorial experience with highly developed skills, demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work
- Confident presentation abilities, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working collaboratively across all levels—we value folks who will be strong leaders while fostering team camaraderie.
- Work well with tight deadlines in a team environment. Be able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
Compensation and Benefits
- Generous compensation package with substantive incentive-based bonus program
- Excellent health care plan (dental, vision, health) with 100% of employee premiums paid by company
- Annual enrollment options for FSA program, TransitChek/Commuter program
- Company-sponsored life insurance benefit
- Paid annual leave, paid time off and paid sick leave
Working at Recognition Media is a truly rewarding career opportunity. If you are interested in this opportunity, reach out to us at J O B S at recogmedia.net with a note about yourself and why you are interested in joining our team. Include a link or PDF of your portfolio of recent work, highlighting your abilities and experience relevant to the role. We are unable to accept any applications without a portfolio for this role.