The Webby Awards honors the best of the Internet, working every year with industry experts in the International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences to not only elevate breakthrough work, but also evolve and incorporate new categories that reflect the growing digital landscape. This season embodies the major changes in our cultural, and digital norms, to prioritize accessibility and social impact, as well as the technological advancements that push us forward.
In line with our mission to spotlight the best of the Internet, we’re excited to include new honors for categories across Websites and Mobile Sites, Apps & Software, Video, Advertising, Media & PR, Social, Virtual & Remote, Podcasts, and Games.
Discover our new categories below, and enter here for early-bird pricing before the Early Entry Deadline on October 29th, 2021.
Brand New Suite of Honors for Email Newsletters
Since the very first Webby Awards we’ve honored the best Website and Mobile Site features, aesthetic, and content on the Internet, from Humor and News to User Experience and Visual Design. This season we’re introducing new honors for Email Newsletters to celebrate the well-written, well-curated newsletters that hit our inboxes, including:
- Independent Publishers
- Art, Design & Culture
- Business, News & Technology
- Entertainment, Media & Sports
- Health, Wellness & Lifestyle
For a complete list of new Website categories and descriptions click here.
Brand New Suite of Honors for Virtual & Remote
This year we are expanding our newest suite of honors for Virtual & Remote experiences to celebrate the incredible virtual and remote events and remote experiences that helped people connect either across town or around the world. We’re further honoring our resilient creative community, and the creation of, immersive experiences, this year with additional categories including:
- A brand new suite of categories for Series including; Public Service & Activism, Media, Entertainment & Sports, Business & Technology
- Immersive – Best Installation or Experience
- Features – Best Real Time Experience
- Features – Best Series
- General – Diversity & Inclusion
For a complete list of new Virtual & Remote categories and descriptions click here.
Brand New Honors for Social
From the best News, Sports, Music & Entertainment, to Experimental & Innovation, The Webbys honors the full array of the social sphere, including Overall Social Presence, Channels, Content Series and Campaigns. This year we’re including honors for creators using their platforms for good and more:
- Features – Best Creator
- Features – Best Content Series
- Features – Best Social Campaign
- General Social – Health & Wellness
- General Social – Sustainability & Environment
- Social Content Series & Campaigns – Sustainability & Environment
- Social Video – Health & Wellness
For a complete list of new Social categories and descriptions click here.
Brand New Honors for Podcasts
Showing no signs of slowing down, we’re excited to celebrate the continued podcast boom and use of audio help us understand one another with expanded categories honoring individual episodes, series, and hosts including:
- Expanded honors for Individual Episodes including; Featured Guest, Health & Wellness, Interview/Talk Show, Business, Crime & Justice
- General Series – Creativity & Marketing
- General Series – Advice & How-To
- General Series – Sustainability & Environment
- General Series – Public Service & Activism
- Features – Best Co-Hosts
- Limited-Series & Specials – Health, Science & Education
For a complete list of new Podcast categories and descriptions click here.
Brand New Honors for Advertising, Media, & PR
To honor the full scope of the Digital Advertising landscape, including innovative PR, Branded Content, and Media usage, we’ve added a number of new categories encompassing the rise of e-commerce, immersive experiences and environmental awareness including:
- Branded Installation or Experience
- Sustainability & Environment in Branded Content
- Best Social Commerce/Shopping Campaign in Media
For a complete list of new Advertising, Media, & PR categories and descriptions click here.
Brand New Honors for Apps & Software
The Webbys honor the full range of apps, software and experiences across desktop, mobile, tablet, voice assistants, televisions, watches & wearables, and automobile interfaces. This year we have added new honors for software that help us navigate a changing world. We are also renaming legacy categories ‘Mobile & OTT App Features’ and ‘General Mobile & OTT Apps’, now simply ‘App Features’ and ‘General Apps’ respectively. New categories include:
- Expanded honors in Software Services & Platforms including; HR & Employee Experience, Learning & Education, Event Management
- App Features – Best Use of AI & Machine Learning
- App Features – Best OTT Service
For a complete list of new Apps & Software categories and descriptions click here.
Expanded Categories for Sustainability & Environment and Health & Wellness
From digital projects centered on social good, diversity and inclusion, activism, environmentalism, and health, The Webbys have long honored work that is rooted in purpose and impact. This year, we have introduced new honors for Sustainability & Environment and Health & Wellness across our media types including:
- Advertising – Branded Content
- Podcasts – General Series
- Podcasts – Individual Episode
- Social – General Social
- Social – Social Content Series & Campaigns
- Social – Social Video
- Video – Branded Entertainment
- Video – General Video
For a complete list of new Health & Wellness and Sustainability & Environment categories and descriptions click here.
Brand New Honors for Games
Celebrating one of the Internet’s most exciting, innovative, and ever-expanding mediums, we’re adding new categories to honor the explosion of casual in online gaming during the pandemic including:
- Features – Best Social Gaming Experience
- General – Action & Adventure
- General – Puzzle, Strategy & Trivia
- General – Social Impact
For a complete list of new Games categories and descriptions click here.
The 26th Annual Webby Awards is our biggest season yet! When you enter you have your work looked at by the Internet’s brightest minds: the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences.
Meet this year’s newest Webby Judges, and enter your work across Websites & Mobile Sites, Apps & Software, Video, Advertising, Media & PR, Social, Virtual & Remote, Podcasts, and Games before the Early Entry Deadline, October 29, 2021.